Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inch by inch...

Well, here we are, the middle of July of 2010. On the 22nd it will 2 years since my dossier went to my agency, which apparently is its expiration date, so in late June, early July, I redid all of the necessary paperwork, met with the stillsoabrasive AP (who would only allow me to up my age range to 18 months- grrrr) and sent it all off again, fingers crossed, prayers on, holy candle burning. (hey, I am Portuguese AND Catholic-  f I don't burn stuff, I feel incomplete :)
I let myself give into the sadness that had been sitting on my heart about it; it had been 2 months with NO referrals, and very little to give hope, and cried the day I sent off the package, and settled in just waiting. Again.
I am pleased to say, though, that despite my not yet knowing the joy of a second little one being matched to our family, that the process seems to have gained some momentum, again. So far, in July, 5 referrals, one even a girl in the range I am requesting.
Courts are closing (or have closed?) in Ethiopia, but that doesn't impact the referral process, itself, so I continue to hope and pray.
This time, next week, Malia and I will solidly in vacation mode, in Portugal, so I will get to go to Fatima and burn stuff with some clout on our behalf, and for many friends that need prayers, and miracles, too. :) 
My agency will have my contact info, of course, and I cannot wait until we can put a face to the name Malia calls her baby sister in the "princess stories" they star in together, almost daily.

**Hair disclaimer: it's her "princess wig" :)

2 comments:

Louise said...

Oh L.....2 powerful posts....back to back.....man where is the kleenex??? I will burn stuff too if it will increase the potency of my prayers for you and Miss M. You have not given up hope, things will happen....you need to pat yourself for being so proactive and following your heart 2 years ago, cause starting right now would not be good.
Thanks for the hair disclaimer, I nearly fell off my chair!! tehee.

mommy2natalie said...

Still checking your blog for a referral every day... and praying that you hear something soon. It has to be soon, I'm sure. Love the princess hair! Natalie has a similar style, only purple and extremely matted.