Saturday, June 12, 2010

Muffin Gal's New Favs

I made some muffins this morning that Malía went crazy over. She ate FOUR in the span of a couple of hours.
They're super easy and super good for you, so thought I'd share:

Banana-Blueberry-Apple Oatmeal Muffins

1 1/2 cups quick organic cooking oats
1 cup loosely packed organic whole wheat  flour
1 cup organic plain yogurt (or you can use milk)
 1/3 cup white sugar (or you can use agave)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 and a touch of teaspoon sea salt 1 cup milk
1 free range egg
1/2 unsweetened organic apple sauce
1 cup frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained

1 large ripe banana (or 2 small ones) mashed
1/4 t 1/2 cup natural wheat germ
2 tablespoons ground flax seed


Directions

Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, flax and wheat germ and salt. Mix in milk, egg, applesauce and banana; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened well. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full with batter OR I like to line the muffin tins with pretty paper liners

**if batter seems too runny, add oats
**if batter appears to dry, add applesace

Bake at 425 degrees F  for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are nice and brown, but not burned

These are uber moist and YUM-O!!

ENJOY-  we did! :)

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to give them a try. I'm already looking for lunch ideas for next year since Adea doesn't eat sandwiches.

Louise said...

Yay....you are back!!!!! I haven't posted for 6 months, so you have nothing to worry about. I did try a wee update....but alas time AND energy is low.....must try me an uber moist muffin!! Cheers girls!!-L