Malía made me laugh out loud in the car this morning:
Mal: Mama, I don't know how I will get married.
Mama: Really, hon? Why not?
Mal: Who could marry me?
Mama: Someone who loves you very much and wants to be with you forever.
(long pause)
Mal: Oh, I know. Belia's friend!
Mama: You mean Necco?
Mal: Yes, Necco. I miss him.
Mama: Well, you know you'll see him again soon.
Mal: When we go to Portugal?
Mama: Yes, e tens de falar para ele só em Português porque ele não entende Inglês. (and you have to speak to him in Portuguese only b/c he doesn't understand English)
Mal: Eu sei. (I know)
Mama: (teasing her) But, Mal, marriage? He's really too old for you, I don't know about this..
Mal: It's okay, Mama, I know.
*****
They're in the same wedding party this summer, but she'll be paired with a little one her own age, so hopefully she'll drop this May-December romance thing! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment