Monday, August 23, 2010

Little Lady Lion Heart

If I broke my arm and was lying on a hospital guerny

in incredible pain

in a strange hospital

hours past my bed time

I would not be asking that my Mama go take care of the man on the guerny next to mine

b/c he was in pain, too



If I, after a too short and very troubled sleep,

with a heavy cast on my arm,

in long, cumbersome dress,

had to spend 13 hours as part of a wedding party,

I would not be thanking my Mama for carrying me up three flights of stairs to bed,

nor would I be aplogizing for the 20 minutes, or so, that earlier, my pain and tiredness had made me cranky and uncooperative



If I suddenly couldn't play on the slides, in the sand,

or in the giant jumping castle that has appeared out

of nowhere, with the other laughing children,

I would not be telling my Mama that it's okay, that watching is fun, too...



Seriously-

I want to be Malia when I grow up.

*** Malia broke her arm (actually her elbow) at the Groom's house the night before the wedding. She was on one of those little scooter thingies, and got a little too daring. dang!

15 comments:

HomoHausfrau said...

AW! What a caring little girl!

What the heck happened to her arm!?!

I hope she's ok!!!

Nevididi said...

I hope she is feeling better and I love that she puts others first :) I also absolutely love her hair style for the wedding...beautiful

Mama Papaya said...

Poor sweet, mighty little girl. Feel better kiddo.

Calico Sky said...

Ooooh poor girl!!! What a lovely soul she has!

Re your comment - I wasn't in Canada, I left before Christmas and just returned. Had I been there I would have requested a get together! LOL :)

Melissa said...

Oh poor girl. But so so sweet. So sweet.

Kate said...

So sorry- she is such a sweet girl- and what a great picture of the two of you- Portugal suits you both!

Ellen said...

Poor brave little pumpkin. What a special little person she is. Hope she bounces back quickly.

Anonymous said...

:(

You both look great despite.

Lisa said...

What we can learn from them! Hope she is all better soon,,,great pic of you both : )

onemorebaby said...

OM goodness!!! I just saw this! I hope she is feeling better... give her a hug from me. Hugs and love..

Angela said...

As much as we think we teach them it is so true that they have so much more to teach us

Louise said...

oouch!! a broken elbow....dear brave Malia...smiling and radiant still for wedding photo's. She is a treasure, no? YOu are blessed girl. Safe travels home!!

Us4 Cats said...

what a wonderful little lady she is becoming!!!

the Melodious Mama said...

oh sweet child!!! mama, what ever you're doing keep doing it! compassionate children are oh so rare and, while I do believe that traits like this are a part of who the child is regardless, I also fully appreciate how much of that comes from home!

beautiful brave girl, you look stunning in your pretty dress!

Unknown said...

Poor little baby.. she is so sweet and so adorable. I hope she is healing quickly!!!