Dutifully, I turned off my radio, took off my sunglasses and handed our passports to the Customs Officer.
Suddenly she squealed (not a noise I usually associate with government employees).
CO: Oh my God!
Me: Is something wrong?
CO: (looking at Mal's passport pic) That's the baby on my fridge!
Me: (says nothing)
CO: She's adopted right?
Me: Um... yes.
CO: From Ethiopia? And your parents put an announcement in the paper when she came home? She was in the bathtub?
Me: Um, yes.
CO: I remember her adoption announcement. I so loved her little face- I put her on my fridge!! May I see her? (we have tinted back windows, so I roll them down)
CO: Ooooooh, she is even more beautiful, now! Hi sweetheart.Mal: (showing the lady her straw stuck through her Croc) Hi! Look it what I can do.
CO: She is perfect. Was the process long?
(and we went into a 5 minute convo on adoption while behind us OTHER drivers worked on THEIR patience )
3 comments:
it is really a small small world.
Wow, how neat!
this is sooo funny!
Post a Comment