It's 4 days a week b/c she (and I for them and her) wants Vó-Vó and Vô-Vô time on the Friday, in French Immersion.
And, honestly....
I don't know.
I mean, she was very happy these first few days, but now- well, she barely eats when she's at school. She knows how to print her name, how to draw very good faces for her age, how to draw flowers, yet all she brings home are scribbles. Two former elementary teachers have told me that, that means she's not happy. I have been told her teacher is the sweetest of the J/K staff. but she'allow Mal to struggle with her shoes for 15 minutes, no help. Uh.. hello? Cast on left arm!!
I don't want to turn into one of "those" parents, but I will see how she does this week and if things don't improve, if she keeps hiding her little light under a bushel, I am going to have to call the school and talk to the teacher to see what is happening.
Now, it does hearten me that another teacher told a parent I happen to know that when her little girl (the parent's child :) was crying at lunch, Malia was the one to go comfort her and assure her, her mommy was coming back. Then she stayed and played with her until they had to go back to their own classrooms. That's the Malia I know, so hopefully, she is just adjusting.
Here's hoping!


3 comments:
Oh, poor Mal. She's adorable in the photos! I hope this coming week is better :) I'm a K teacher too, and sometimes they just need more time.
Uugh!! Why does it have to be so tough??? And nothing wrong with being one "of those" parents,L. Hopefully she will do fine.
Post a Comment