Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Wait (from Malia's point of view)

Hello Mama's Friends:

My Mama puts things in her blog and on facebook that I say and do that make her laugh.  I like to make Mama laugh, but lately, I wake up sad, and I don't laugh for a while after I get up.  Every Thursday I stay at Vô-Vô and Vó-Vó's house and the last couple of times, I woke up, crying, saying I wanted my Mama, but really, like I told my Mama, later, I am just really wanting Shaela.  I wake up scared that someone took her b/c Mama tells me she is still in Ethiopia, and I don't understand why we can't go get her- now.  Mama says we can't makes Xs on the calendar b/c we don't know the day to go, even.

If you don't know, mama says we're waiting for a court date, and when we know when that is, we can go.  I am not sure what court date is, but I do know it's when a man (or mama says it can be a woman, too) tells us Shaela is really ours, forever.  I just wish he'd hurry up.  I asked Mama how we can make him be faster, but she said all we can really do is pray.

Mama and I pray all the time, and at school, I ask my class to pray for my baby sister.  We do it en francais.  One day when I woke up crying, like I told you, I felt better when I asked Vô-Vô to pray with me for my baby sister and he did.  She is the last person I think about at night and the first one in the morning, usually.

This morning, I asked Mama a question that she didn't answer, directly-  maybe she couldn't, I don't know, but I wanted to know when Jesus is going to come down. See, I need Him to come  to my house so that I can give Him a hug and ask Him to please, please, please let us have our Shaela.  Mama says I can keep asking, that He is in my heart, but I think it might work better if He could really talk to me, right here, so He can do it faster.

Hey! Do you know what my Vó-Vó did yesterday?  She bought me a really beautiful new dress with no back!  I said thank you and I meant it, but when she then showed me that she also had a little one, exactly like it for Shaela, I got really excited! I jumped up and down and kissed her and then I skipped all the way to the car, singing. I have lots of things for my little sister, already , and some are the same as me. When Mama and I are out shopping, I like to ask her for things for Shaela. I especially love when she says yes to little shoes, even if I don't get a pair, too.

Well, we're going to see HairSpray with live people today.  I can't wait.  I heard Mama tell my cousins in Florida, that she loves when she and I can do extra special things b/c we both love and it, and b/c it helps us make more memories as we wait to go to Ethiopia.  I want to go to Ethiopia, now.  Will you pray with me, too?

Thank you,

Malia Dilana Danièl (that is how I like to say my name, now, b/c it is beautiful and special :)

2 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this uncertainty. Wish I could strike the un right out of the word for you.

Hoping for you three.

Kate said...

Oh my, heartbreaking on all fronts. So sorry you all are experiencing this uncertainty for such a long time, hoping it'll be any day now.
- Kate