The adoption chat board I belong to is full of court date news.
This is good, and I am glad for those families, but can't help feeling very frustrated and kicked around by fate/the universe/this freaking process too.
Every one of those families got their referrals weeks AFTER mine, yet they got their court file numbers and court dates BEFORE me.
Now, I am pretty sure I know what's caused this- my HomeStudy having to be updated despite not "technically" being expired, and then my second AP dropping the ball as far as getting it done quickly, but knowing why and feeling okay with that knowing are two very different things.
The fact remains that I still have no date to put on the calendar.
Still have no way to start travel arrangements.
Still have no end in sight to a second adoption process that, so far, has taken just over 32 months.
Our waiting baby was 4 1/2 months old when we first saw her face- I so pray she will not turn 8 months (a week from Easter) without our KNOWING that we're on our way to her.
Last night, at a staff meeting, pregnant teachers, both due in July, were being fussed over and teased about not being back in September. The principal asked if anyone else had baby news, looking in my direction, but not into my eyes... I had nothing new to say, so I said nothing.
This weekend is for miracles. I will continue to believe and pray and hopefully my next update on here will be just a title and a DATE and you will all know what it means. :)
5 comments:
You are supposed to be along side all of us sharing the joy of court dates and preparations to travel. It just isn't right that you don't have your date yet. Blah. I hope it comes soon.
Literally two days ago I was in the same place emotionally. It feels relentless, neverending, like being on hold...f.o.r.e.v.e.r!
Hang in there, your date is just around the corner..prayin' for you!
Tracey
Uggg that sucks. I really hope the next update is great news for you.
Stumbled upon your blog - I accepted my referral in January and have a court number but no court date. Frustrating! I have no magic words for you except that I'm there, too.
Rachel from Superior, WI
I was thinking of you this week and so hoping to hear the news that you had the date.
I am so sorry that it is not here yet and do hope this is the week.
Hope your Easter weekend makes time go faster.
Shannon
Post a Comment