The dust had not yet settled when the largest manhunt in history was announced.
Yesterday, apparently, Osama Bin Laden was killed by US troops.
This is part of Malia's history, so I will briefly cite it here, but really I feel the words of Martin Luther King Jr. who, like Mother Teresa knew hate only breeds more hate:
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
5 comments:
Oh Lord.....THANK YOU for posting that........it is how I feel too!!! Yikes....all the exuberant JOY, they are expressing....WOULDN'T the world be better for that joy for JESUS?????
I love your Blog, but please please do not lump all Americans together. I know no one in my family and/or friends celebrating anything - there is only a sense of relief, finally. The majority of us are just trying to live our lives the best we know how - exactly like you.
I don't see anywhere where I have lumped anyone- I just stated what happened and how I, personally, feel. I know that many Americans, and for that matter, Canadians are taking great joy and this morning the powers that be are trying to decide whether, or not, to release pics of Bin Laden with a bullet above the left eye. To me that is just more sensationalism, not reporting. I had cousins in the Trade Centre (thank God all survived) and was forever changed by what happened, as we all were. The man was wrong, period, but Al Queda will live on without him- it technically has since he went into hiding, no? And now we brace for retaliation, and "justice" for a martyer is even more frightening than his living power ever was.
i am grateful for this quote. i for one am not rejoicing. hate is nothing to celebrate. and i also know that hate multiplies like weeds. you may get one at the root, but it's seed continues to grow.
i agree louise. the world needs jesus.
Thank You!
Enough said!
Rose Anne
Post a Comment