Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hopeful


Last Thursday, at 21 months 3 weeks and 1 day into her wait,  my good friend, J, finally got her referral-  a gorgeous, petite 5 month old girl with big, bright eyes!

Her first daughter, A, was in the orphanage in Ethiopia, with Malia, and we travelled very close together to pick up our girls.  J was about a month and a bit in front of me in her wait for daughter number 2, and I knew I couldn't even begin to hope until her referral was a reality. 

Well, now I can.

Yes, I am technically still way down on the referral list for a single child, BUT, for a GIRL, and for a girl of the age I am hoping to complete our little family with, I only count 7 ahead of me.  There are 7 others who don't show up on the list, but I can't imagine that they all want girls, too, so I am going to hold on to the idea that I am no further down that I currently think.

So, how's that for optimism? :) In fact, I broke a mirror today, and am choosing to believe that since 2010 has brought major heartache and brokenness in so many areas of my life, the mirror means that, that trend is now broken, and only JOY will follow. 

Yes, only joy.

I can't wait to see my daughters in these dresses.

8 comments:

onemorebaby said...

I am so excited for you! Your two girls will be so beautiful in their matching dresses!

Kimmyann said...

Love the matching dresses. Hoping that you get your wish very soon.

Jane said...

Oh, I so believe in the power of positive "shopping"!

Anonymous said...

Sweet dresses. One step closer. Getting exited.

Jeanie said...

It shouldn't be long now. Cute dresses! I went out and bought a few things for baby M this weekend, so fun!

the Melodious Mama said...

bring on the JOY!!!

love the dresses♥

Mama Papaya said...

Mama, the best part about this post is that you can picture them together. As in the hope is taking hold. Here's to hope!

Michelle said...

It will happen, SOON.
Its March, and since the new year started..I just felt that good things would happen to all of us this year.