Monday, March 29, 2010

The Darndest Things2

(Some I forgot in the post, below)

On Fashion:

Me, showing off a deep purple, black lace trimmed camisole. (and keep in mind I have on undies, but no pants yet)  : Hey, Mali, what do you think?
Malia:  Oh, Mama you look beau'ful!! (beat) Just like a COWBOY!!!

The Obvious:\

Me: (basically thinking aloud as I am driving)  My head is killing me.
Mal: Is it the music, or me?

Geography:

a) Mal: Mama, does Kidan look like me?
Mama: Yes, Malia, I think she does, but technically you look like her b/c she came first.
Mal: Came where? To Canada?
Mama: Well, no, you came to Canada, first, but she was born into the world first. 
Mal: Mama, you're silly. I not born into the world. I born in Ethiopia!

b) Andm just this morning, I came into the room with wet hair, so she asked:
Mama, did you take a bath in my bathtub?
Me: I had a shower.
Mal: But in MY shower?
Me: Well, technically, it's OUR bathtub, our shower, Mal.
Mal: No, Mama, it's mine.
Mama: So, where am I supposed to get clean?
Mal: London!    (which is 2 hours away :)

4 comments:

HomoHausfrau said...

OH MY! How cute! I love these little stories!!!

Reminds me of my niece being given something and her saying "thank you", to which we replied "you're welcome"... then she goes, "is it your pleasure?!" So darling!

-V
www.tealandlimegreen.com

Mama Papaya said...

She cracks me up!

Gracefire said...

Okay, "The Obvious" made me crack up.

I have lurked on your blog for a little while, but finally have the guts to de-lurk and say hi. :-) I found your blog through Corey's and have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your beautiful daughter.

In regards to Malia's sleep issues that you posted about a few posts down, have you tried giving her melatonin? I have a very close friend who adopted two girls from China, both of whom happen to be deaf. The younger one has sleep issues very similar to Malia's - she is happy and carefree during the day, but when it is time to sleep, the tears and screams start. I cannot tell you the number of times I would sleep over and wake to find Mei wandering around the house, or huddled in a corner of the bathroom or kitchen in the dark, terrified, crying, signing "scared" and "bad" over and over and over. A small dose of melatonin before bed has gone a long way in both helping her get to sleep and stay asleep.

Mamato2 said...

Thanks, Bria- i gave up- we're co-sleeping. :)