Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Doctor is IN

Last night, I had a very sudden and CRAZY bout of nausea and had to lay on the couch after wretching for a good 5 minutes. Mal came and quietly laid on top of me (but not on my stomach) watching TreeHouse. The warmth of her body and sheer exhuastion made me fall asleep. When I woke, about 20 minutes later, the nausea was gone.

The second I opened my eyes:

Mal: Mama, you okay? You sick?

Mama: I'm fine, baby. Mama's tummy is all better. Thank you for helping me get all better.

Mal: I make you all better?

Mama: Sure did.

Mal: (clearly perplexed by this) But, Mama, I not a doctor!


***
Oh kiddo if you only really knew how good for me you ARE!

9 comments:

veggiemom said...

What a sweetheart!

Tarah said...

Aren't kids the best. So resiliant and always ready to hug.

onemorebaby said...

Oh! So sweet! What a wonderful little girl you have on your hands!

My little boy- after being asked if he wanted to be a doctor like his daddy replied "No, too risky".

Go figure!

Mama Papaya said...

Oh Mama, although I love that Malia is sweet through and through, you need to feel better!

B said...

Kiss that sweet baby girl for me!

the Melodious Mama said...

deep love from our children really is the best medicine!

hope your feeling better mama!

Aimee said...

Aw....What a sweetheart!! You & Mal are SO GOOD FOR EACH OTHER. ;o)

Unknown said...

Their healing is much than a dr's huh???

She is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Hugs are definately the best medicine.