Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Starfish :)

Mala loves her swim lessons, except for full face immersion. I have no idea how to help her phobia of nose and eyes in the water. Her instructor says it will go away with time and maturity, but today she slipped and went under for a sec while he was working with the other little girl. I sat with her (man a heated salt water pool is heaven!) and she went willingly back in, but I swear her neck has lengthened from all the stretching to keep her face free and clear.

This morning, she asked me if we could go to Africa tonight. Hmmm... maybe that's what we should have done, instead :)

12 comments:

Kendra said...

I want to go to Africa too! I miss it.

Anonymous said...

Who's the hottie instructor? It does look like heaven.

I wish Mimi would keep her face above water or stop herself from gulping from every body of water she swims in. Lake water - yuk!!

Kate said...

She is a perfect starfish. She will get better and better- before you know it she will be swimming the length of the pool and you will want your starfish back- with just a little fear. :)

the Melodious Mama said...

oh sweetness!! brave lil' girl! my Eden (now 11) had a moment of similar "trauma" at her first lesson(age 4) and it took her until this summer to put her face in the water! made for an interesting few years of hair washing ;} yay for Mal getting back in right away!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful starfish she is!! Africa sounds like a nice adventure!!!

Anonymous said...

Is that the teacher? I would keep my kids signed up FOREVER.

They'd end up in the Olympics.

Mamato2 said...

Down. ladies! LOL He is about 21 or 22, skinny as a rail (I know he doesn't really look it here) and does nothing for ME, but does live in a million dollar home on 5 acres overlooking the lake. LOL

Unknown said...

Ausi puts his face in the water and then realizes he doesn't like it much either :) She looks so cute in her swim lessons!

Calico Sky said...

LoL I love her thoughts on when to go to Africa. I keep praying for you and everyone waiting to know who their child is.

(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Missing you

Tarah said...

TT will put her face in, just don't let water hit the ears.
Hiwot tried putting her face in, but held her swim cap on tight. :)
Every girl has her little thing. Maybe with time...

I agree with Nancy, hot instructor.

Aimee said...

Mal looks likes she's in heaven with that hottie. LOL... I'm glad Mal is having fun ather swim lessons. ;o)