Monday, August 10, 2009

My Not-so-little Abesha

The girl in the pink is FOUR, Malía is 33 months, today. Shaunacy may be petite, but Mal tends to dwarf most other kids her own age. I have no problem with my little "stretch", except that others tend to expect more of her, based on her size, than they do of other kids her age. Not fair...

7 comments:

Kate said...

That is hard- I have twins and one is HUGE and the other is average size- and so they call the smaller one a midget and think the larger one is older and expect more from him. I am always reminding people he is 9 not 12.

I was thinking about you guys yesterday and wondering how things were- so I was glad to se a post from you.

mommy2natalie said...

Oh I hear you... we get some strange looks and rude comments when Natalie, who also looks 4, throws a full 31 month old tantrum in public!

Hope you're feeling better!
Karin

onemorebaby said...

Yup! We get the reverse! E is so small for his age, they think he is closer to 5-6 than 8. Yikes... It will figure itself out, though, right?

Calico Sky said...

So true sadly, people expect a lot more from taller children.

I love the name Shaunacy's (I know it as a surname with an o in front!) is she named after a Shaun and Nancy? It's really neat!

Anonymous said...

She is amazing. I have always thought she was such a beautiful baby!! It is hard when people expect more. Our son was always so little and people expected less. That can be just as difficult. I remember him being 8 years old wearing a size 5-6.

BTW, I am trying to get back into blogland. I have kept up reading yours but just haven't been commenting. I am changing my blog a bit and going to try again. I used to be such an addict but that was when we were TTC and now I just want to blog again. I miss it!! So you will see me around again!!!

Danielle said...

LOL! There's definitely something about these Habesha girls and growing so tall! Zia (who just turned 2 at the end of May) is now only 2 inches shorter than Isaiah who's 4 and a half. We've been asked a few times if they are twins. LOL!

Alicia said...

We are experiencing exactly the same thing with Sofia. She is 26 months and already wearing a size 3. She's tall and skinny. Her vocabulary is also very advanced and I even find that I have to remind myself that she is only 2. She is only 5 months older than our nephew and has been using 7+ word sentences for a couple of month, whereas our nephew is still working on 2 word combinations. Spending time with him reminds me how old Sofia really is!