I guess I have fallen into the dreaded "blog slacker" category. Part of that is busy-ness, part just being tired and part not having anything earth shattering, or clever to report.
I have also finally filled my 4G camera card and haven't bought a new one, so pics are at an all time low.
Basically, little Miss continues to grow and learn, and enjoy her moments of sun, and even rain. She loves going to "little school" a couple of mornings a week with Mama (and boy can this girl put away the mini carrot muffins the leader bakes for snack!), hanging out with little friends here and there, visiting her grandparents, shopping and, up until today, her swimming lessons. I say up until today b/c she was distracted by my parents having come to watch her, too, got LOTS of water up her nose and in her mouth and was desperate to get out and go home, but the instructor didn't let her. Malia has now informed me that she is done with lessons. I then informed her that she has 4 left, and we're going. Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow, I guess.
I so miss not having been able to go to Portugal this summer, but my healing has not been a smooth process. I have only been nausea and upchuck free for 4 days, and my surgery was July 15th. But, I am pretty sure I have turned a corner and hopefully, we can start taking some longer day trips. We are headed to NJ for a few days the week after next to see my brother and the baby. I pray that's a good trip and wonderful family time.
Bed times are back to min-battle status, and no matter what time she goes to sleep, she still wakes way too bloody early. Rough when I have been having bad nights with many hours awake too.
I have managed to have some bad mama moments, as I am prone to do-
-have you ever had your daughter lift up her dress over the air vent in church, only to realize you forgot to put underwear on her!!? (luckily, I had a spare pair in my purse!)
- I stuck Mal's Mickey Mouse cell phone in the freezer b/c it would NOT shut up, even "off" and now it makes weird spinny sounds over and over and over again. I don;t know- maybe it's cold??
On the adoption front, it has been 2 weeks since there was a vote to restructure the agency, and since then most of the matched kids have come home, but those of us either without a referral yet (like me) or waiting for court (like 2 close friends who need to get their ethio-twins' bio brother home) are still in a sort of limbo. I want to remain hopeful that the crash of the adoption agency is not a burn, and those of us who had files already there will have children in our arms very soon, but it's not easy when things feel so "quiet". I want to write some joyous news on here soon.
5 comments:
Thanks for the honest update. LOL on the pantyless princess!
I hope and hope and hope for you.
Enjoy the time with your brother and baby. May you have yours in your arms soon.
LMAO...too funny!! Love your "bad momma moments". Oh my...hahahaha!!
Yum on the carrot cake mini muffins! Mal has great tastes.
I hope you have a wonderful time visiting your bro in NJ!
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully soon, you'll have some wonderful news to share with us!! ;o)
*huge hugs*
Okay the mommy moments were funny :)
I am glad you are starting to feel a bit better. There is not much worse than nausea.
Everyone has bad mama moments. LOL
I drove over Cory's Little Tikes cell phone yesterday so it was a bad day for little kids cell phones in the world I guess.
I love the honest and realism in your blog! Hope the trip to see your brother was a good one!
Post a Comment