Friday, September 4, 2009

A Direct Line??


The Diocese keeps a lovely retreat site that is only about 15 minutes from our house. The first time I went there was with my grade 8 class- I was only 13. Since then I have been with other groups, both as a participant and a leader, and Sunday took Malia there. No reason, really, just felt the need for some Mama/Daughter time in a quiet, spiritual place.
We walked (well, she ran!) the Stations of the Cross garden, and then we came to the Miracle of Fatima depiction behind one of the guest inns. Being Portuguese, and having visited the actual Shrine in Portugal many, many times, I love the story of Fatima and hold it in my heart as a true miracle, so loved that Mal immediately ran to "Lucia" and embraced her. I told her who each of the children were, and that the Lady was Jesus' mama. A minute or so later, I started to leave and called to her to get moving. She told me not yet, that she had to pray, and got on her knees, holding her hands like those of the little shepards.
I thought it was cute, and took the pics.
The next day I posted the photos on FB along with about 30 others from other activities, but these 2 were the ones that drew the comments. One friend said that Mal looked like she was listening to Mary. (double click to enlarge the first pic and I think you'll agree!)
That struck a chord with me, so a couple of nights later, while laying with Mal in her bed, I asked her if she recalled the stone shepard children and Mary.
She said, "yes".
I decided to take a chance:
Mama: Hey Mal, did Jesus' Mama say something to you?
Mal: Yes.
Mama: She did? What?
Mal: Kneel
I just about peed myself, but pressed on.
Mama: Did she say anything else?
Mal: (with a big grin, shutting me down) I go to sleep now, mama, okay?
And, in less than 5 minutes was out like a light.
Now, before anyone starts calling the Vatican (or Geraldo!) you need to know that while saying bed time prayers TONIGHT, she added for Jesus to "bless her pants and her bum-bum." LOL

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

LOL I honestly can't stop laughing! I don't think I've ever laughed this hard at 5:47am! Out of the mouths of babes!!!

:0)