Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Will the Phoenix Rise?

About a week ago I was excited- we had a proposal to restructure our fallen agency, it was going to cost us another $4,000 a piece, but it was hope, definite hope.

Then people began to pick it apart, to argue points not actually up for debate, to point fingers at the committee for not getting it right, and forseeing gloom and doom in six months' time. Adoptive parents still far down the line for a referral got scared- what had been a possible 12 to 15 month wait with the old Imagine, might now be 2 to 3 years... files began to be pulled. The press got wind, the mood got ugly. Feelings were hurt, mud was slung, and the united front collapsed into frightened indivuality.

The majority "yes" vote needs to happen by Sept 21st, and then the extra fees must be paid in 2 instalments. Some people are saying they'll vote yes, but withhold payment, now. They don't seem to get that, that is the same as voting no; I am scared. This proposal is THE last chance...

If it doesn't succeed, the phoenix will be knocked back into the ashes. And this time, that's where it will stay, dead, along with my dream of another baby, of a sister for my Malía.

Please pray.

12 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh my friend, I wondered how it was going, I was scared. I will pray and pray. I hope people can let go of fear and believe it will happen, see the power in working for a united cause and not let the fear of a length of time prevent them from agreeing.

((((hugs))))

Just read this
A community is only a community when the majority of its members are making the transition from "the community for myself" to "myself for the community."
Jean Vanier (who is perhaps one of the greatest Canadians)

Jocelyn said...

Sendiing you a lot of prayers and hugs!

veggiemom said...

I'm so sorry!!! I will be sending all my positive thoughts to you and all the other families caught up in this mess.

Many (((((hugs)))))

onemorebaby said...

Oh! I hope and pray that this turns out okay! Malia deserves to be a big sister and you deserve another baby to love... : ) Praying...

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to hear this; but a prayer will be prayed for you friend.

Kimmyann said...

Hoping the vote goes in your favor!

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and hoping for the best!

the Melodious Mama said...

praying......

Melissa said...

The extended timeline bug me of course, same as everyone. But I'm still voting yes. And paying up. I don't frequent the Yahoo group so I didn't know the sentiment was like that.

Melissa said...

On the canadaadoptsethiopia group there is a poll on how people are going to vote. 94% are in favor according to that. And consider all the contractors that were screwed. They'll vote yes for sure because they'll get more money. Hey, if it takes contractors and non-adoption creditors to push us into the majority, we'll take it. I'm sure it'll go. Praying it'll go, anyway.

Louise said...

Praying and watching this story closely. You are on my mind constantly, for the upheaval this has caused. Again being located close to Imagine, the press here are guilty of the negative slant. Here's hoping this goes the way it should, and mamma of 2 you'll be.

Mamato2 said...

Thanks, everyone! I know some of you are in this heartache with me, in more than just spirit. Thanks for all the support and prayer!