Friday, September 25, 2009

A Pound an Inch of Feisty Girl


That's just about how Malia is doing at at 39" tall and 38 lbs.

Her doc (pic taken in an examining room) says she is perfect like that, as are her heart lungs, ears etc. A while back we went to the optometrist and got an all clear there, as well. Yea! :)

All I know is that she is healthy and happy, and a total little goofus!

Yesterday, she went with my parents to my mom's appt at a big hospital in the city. I guess Mal appointed herself official greeter/good-byer/"mama". When she saw anyone coming in or out, she'd press the button for the door and say "hello" or "good bye" as the situation deemed. If they didn't say hello or thank her, she chastised them with "Say thank you!" Later, she got all up in this one guy's face, outside, about smoking, demanding to know what it was, where the smoke went etc. When he admitted it was not good for him, Malia replied with, "Then, you stop it, too!" I guess he was pretty much done, anyway, but he did- immediately! LOL
That's my girl!

Tomorrow we are headed to the Apple Fest, so hopefully some good pics and lots of fun!

7 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Wow she is so beautiful!!! I weighed Gabbi this morning and she is 35 pounds, and last I checked she was 38 inches. They are growing so fast!!!

Calico Sky said...

She sure is growing up! Almost ready to be a big sister I'm sure :)

Enjoy the apple fest! I miss all this stuff tremendously!

Danielle said...

Hehehe...Zia and Mal are almost the same size. She's also about a pound an inch at 39 and 39...nobody believes that she only turned 2 at the end of May. LOL!

Isabelle Boudreau said...

Beautiful little girl!! May I ask what you use in her hair? I find my daughter's hair is pretty dry, wondering if I am using the right products and taking care of it right...
Isabelle
www.ourethiopianadoptionstory.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

She is perfect!

Mama Papaya said...

Hmm. I am way more than 72 pounds...

Mamato2 said...

Isabelle, I tried to respond on your blog, but it's private.
I swear by curly q cream to wash once a week, the coconut conditioner at that time. But, daily it's curly q milkshake after wetting her hair down with water (spray bottle) and pulling my finger through it. Sometimes I finish with curly q radiant ringlets, too :)