A number of you have emailed, worried bc I haven`t posted much. Very sweet. Thank you!
We`re here and okay, and I blame 2 things: time getting away from me and stupid Facebook. I mean, how much easier is it to write a few words as a `status`, ya know.
But, ultimately this blog is a memory for Malia and I HAVE to get back to posting more.
So, what`s up with us
*as you can see from my other 2 posts today, my baby girl keeps growing and changing and is still the love of my life
* her 3 year report for Ethiopia just came due and I wrote 11 pages, closely typed- yowza! And, asking for only 4 to 8 pics was crazy hard for me to pick which to send!
* my mom had surgery again and for the first time had NO complications! (yea!!) She is back on oxygen and today was in pain, but day 3 is always hard, I find.
* I am directing and choreographing a GLEE style production at school. It takes up A LOT of time and I can`t wait for it to be over, but the kids are great to work with, so it`s all good. I am in the teacher number- we`re doing `Wavin`Flag` !!
* Try as I might, the weight loss is pretty much stalled at 85lbs, but I will not give up!
* I have had a lot of loss and hurt regarding relationships I once cherished, and the ache is finally manageable
* I suddenly want a cat, and I want to name it Rizzo :)
* two trips to Ethiopia, now needed to bring home Little Sista when it`s time- one for her court date, then one after VISA issued. But, I think I am decided to just go ONCE and stay in country until we can come home. After all, it`ll cost about the same AND it`s not like that would be weird to me! LOL (My dad is advocating for me to leave Malia HERE- but, nope, Hell has not frozen over!!! :)
* Mal is still into all things Princess Tiana, live musical, Michael Jackson and Mama. That last one includes co-sleeping. Yup, I threw in the proverbial towel :)
* the yard is still full of last year`s garden remnants and the fall leaves... anyone want to earn brownie points :)
* can`t wait until my foundation gets fixed and the exterior peaks etc get painted on the house (looking forward to peace in the fix it department and to turning the basement into a playroom paradise :) (and trying hard to keep spending low béc the foundation won`t be cheap!)
*my sleep still sucks, my car interior is still full of props and Mal things, the Beast still snores louder than any human, I still suck at marking my students`stuff in a timely fashion, I still crave carbs, Malia is still 3 going on 13 most days, and the wait for Little Sista is feeling craaaazy long.... but we`re here, we love each other like crazy cakes and it`s all good!!!
1 comment:
Glad you are well. I need to find you on Facebook- I live there. :)
How often do you send reports to Ethiopia?
Post a Comment