Running through the neighbours' sprinkler. After the first time, she would only go if I held her hand. Can you say "wet t-shirt", so I cropped the pic ;)

Earlier, we'd been stopped at a light and a number of pedestrians were crossing:
Malia: People, be ca'eful b/c of the road and the cars. See, I am in a car. You have to be ca'eful."
(yet to determine whether she meant she was safer that they were by being in the car, or that they were in more peril b/c I was driving! ;)
Then after supper,on the porch, I was reading a book to her that I picked up at Costco yesterday called, Someday . Suddenly, something in it hit me (Mamas with daughters you HAVE to get this, you do) and I was crying, pretty hard, without warning.
Malia: (Taking my face in her hands, greatly concerned" Wha' happen'd, mama? Wha' happen'd?"
Me: Nothing honey, just the book.
Malia: It make you sad?
Me: Yes, but just for a moment.
Malia: (cuddling into me, and after a pause) Mama, I like swings and I like people, but I love you more.
We hugged and gave kisses for a long time, then she said:
Mama, you read the book again. This time it not make you sad, okay?
Wow...

7 comments:
Such a lovely heart your sweet girl has.
She is Sooo sweet:-)
And,,, it sounds like you livened up your neighborhood;-))lol
Sweetie.
LOVE your new header photo!
Did you get my email?
She is so sweet... what a sweet soul she has!
Very tender.
What fun the two of you have.
Yeah, I've read that book. It seems like moms would get it far more than little people. It bummed me right out.
wet t shirt contest!!!! woo hoo!! : ) your sweet girl makes me smile every time I check this blog. love you both.
Post a Comment