I just killed a massive ant, only to discover it was actually a spider. Spiders should NEVER pretend to be ants. Now, I am wholly grossed out.
I am a vegetarian as of today (lacto-ovo-pesca variety), and consuming only free range eggs for the ovo part. Why? I have watched 2 ISU's in as many days with VERY graphic video of how chickens, cows, pigs etc are "raised" and slaughtered. I was seriously sick at the inhumane, CRUEL, HEARTLESS treatment. Every time I THINK about meat, now, I feel physically sick. I am pretty sure this feeling is for real b/c I have not touched KFC since seeing that video over a year ago.
Malia also became a vegetarian today, but she doesn't notice b/c that's her fav way to eat, anyway :)
No one seems to know if school ends for the teachers on the 26th or the 30th. This is driving me crazy. BUT, one thing's ure- only 7 days of actual CLASSROOM TEACHING left!
Actually, the whole freaking year has driven me crazy.
I am 10 months, 1 day into the wait to know Little Sista. I can't even have hope, yet, when a friend is 2 months ahead, with the same agency, same request and is also still waiting. Sigh.
I love thunderstorms. There's a big boomer brewing right now. As soon as I finish here, I am going to go sit on the porch and watch the lake.
Mal tried to put me in time out yesterday.
The more I watch the Wizard of Oz, the more I notice things that make me mad: her adoptive parents took shelter without her, the scarecrow's hat is above the pole in long shots, and waaay below the pole in close-ups, the wizard says he is a "very good man" even though he had just sent all of them out to die at the witch's hands to protect his secret. Oh, Mali, you shouldn't ruin a classic for mama, like this!
I want my parents to do a trip to NJ to see their other grand daughter, and I knwo they WANT to, but they are afraid to "impose". I may have to do some "meddlin' ".
My scalped tree had ONE leafy branch left after they "fixed" it. Today, I notice that there is new growth on EVERY limb. There's a definitely life lesson there, methinks.
Why oh why can Malia sleep 12 hours one night and then 6 another with all things being equal!?
(yes, she is STILL up in her bed, and it's past 9pm!)
I still think Barack Obama is awesome. (and what's happening in Canadian politics makes me really, REALLY nervous!)
Made $5,113 on the fashion show. $1,000 will stay at school, and $4,000+ for Ethiopia. Now, how do I MAKE SURE the portion going to Mal's orphanage is spent on FOOD??
I am too tired to keep writing.
5 comments:
Wow, that is one busy head! Hopefully June 26th (or 30th) will come soon enough and you can get some well deserved down time to relax.
If you ever need to be reinspired, read "Diet for a New America," by Tom Brown (John?). I haven't eaten pig for over 20 years, mostly due to this book.
Good for you! Better for you, better for Mal, better for the planet!
I'm so sorry you were offended on my post. Please read today's post. Thank you. I do apologize (((HUGS)))
hey lovely! wow, Mal is getting big! it's been a while since I popped by. funny hey, how parent hood shift things that we used to view one way! we have experienced the same moments with Oz and oh so many others...pretty much everything from the 80's is out....heck even ET has tones of swearing ((sigh)) oh for saying sh** every second word, calling people a**hole and riding banana seat bikes with no helmets.
sending you tones of positive thoughts for the waiting period!! we;re still waiting to wait, lol. (*twitch*)P*A*T*I*E*N*C*E♥
Oh my lots going on Mama. Poor a glass of wine, throw up your feet and take a few to not be a teacher or a mom or an arborist. You deserve it.
Post a Comment