Sunday, June 28, 2009

Too Much Information?

Malia and I went to Toronto for the Ethio-BoardWalk Fest and stayed overnight in downtown TO before heading back home.

1) Mal to couple having breakfast at the next table:

Hi, who are you? I'm Ma'ia. I born in Et'iopa, but not you. I going to see Adea and Aza and Zioh. Then I go to my home.

(click pic to enlarge :)


2) Mal about man dressed for the Pride parade in skimpy, "package" defining speedo and fanny pack. He was in the elevator of our hotel with us, and she was sitting in her stroller, looking up, so imagine her, um... vantage point!

Mal, pointing to said "package": Mama, wha's that?

Mama: His pride and joy, dear. (man and partner laugh hysterically, thank God!)

*************

3) Mal about woman walking topless down Church St. in the rain: Mama, she going to take a baff? (bath)

Mama: Yup.

************

And just a cute moment:

Mal had been bugging me to "p'ess the bu'hon" for the elevator, so this morning, as we reached them, I said, "Okay, Malia, go ahead, call the elevator."

Mal: Hey Elevatoh!!!!

10 comments:

the Melodious Mama said...

oh the cute~ness!!! I LOVE this age for sweet innocent conversation...not always..um..socially appropriate...but always laughter inducing

Anonymous said...

GOOD ONE on the pride & joy comment Mama! I probably would have just melted into the elevator floor...

Kendra said...

That is so funny.... Pride from a childs point of veiw.

It's too bad I missed you at the picnic.

Unknown said...

That is freakin hysterical!!! Especially about the "pride and joy"... wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that dude will realize he should cover up a bit next time!!!!

B said...

HAhahahahah!!!! I would have died laughing. You handled that beautifully mama!

Tarah said...

Oh my goodness! So cute. Boy are you quick with the wit. :)

Aimee said...

Too damn cute!!! hehehe I love her take and persepctive on things!! Cracks me up!! I love it how kids her age say things like it is, straight up! hehehe Thanks for the laugh...hehehe

Calico Sky said...

Oh thank you thank you thank you! What a great laugh this post gave me as I sit here trying to get ready to work...!

Jeanie said...

Out of the mouths of babes! It was great seeing the two of you on the weekend. We'll have to plan another get to gether soon.

Louise said...

Oh she is stunning!! Love the curiousityand observations.LOVE Sebrina's pictures of Malia.
Glad you left the park in time. What a scarey thought!!!
Peace darlings.