Thursday, December 3, 2009

10 Things I Hate About Malia Being in French PreSchool 3 Days a Week, Right Now!

(And really in no particular order, except number 1)

10. Whiiiiiiine!

9.    Turning on the tears when she doesn't get her way in a store (and turning up the volume when told to stop it)

8. The word "stupid" (which does seem like it's on its way out, thank God)

7. Finding her dirty, head to toe, and her hair clips/headbands gone (and often in another kid's hair)

6. Discovering that they've put someone else's running shoes/hats on her when HERS are right there in her cubby
5. Shouting b/c she is afraid she might not be heard (ditto loud and repeated interuption)

4. The freaking fundraiser campaigns that they send home with kids

3. Not listening to mama (or even acknowledging I have spoken) the first (or second, sometimes THIRD) time

2.  "purty please"  "purty please. purty, purty, puuuuurty please."  "but, I said purty please!"

and the number one reason I can't wait until my parents get her for part of the week, again-

1. "I hate you, Mama!"   (yes, she's is not even 3 yrs, 1 month old yet, and she said it.  Provocation?  I told her that if she wanted french fries, she'd have to have chicken, too.  Sigh)

5 comments:

onemorebaby said...

Grrrr... frustrating, huh?! Hopefully most of these behaviors are just an independant little girl trying things out. The phases are not always easy to get through, though. Good luck!

Stacy said...

oh L ... this post represents Lucy's entire 3rd year of life. ... and a little of her fourth, oh and the end of her 2nd. I am going for blaming preschool too!

Kate said...

Normal BX as hard as it is to swallow. Hang in there- it will get better and then the teen years hit!

Kimmyann said...

People in the know say that 3 years old is much worse than the "terrible 2's"...but does get better at 4. Hang in there.

Lisa said...

OH no! Sorry L! Can't wait for my turn! Thanks for the warning!