Malia was pushing me away with her feet when I sat too close to them on the couch. I said, "Be nicer to your mother."
She replied, "You're not my mother."
My heart almost stopped. I managed to squeak out, "What?"
Laughing and throwing her whole self at me- "You're my MAMA!!!!"
Thank God b/c I am not ready for the day she'll say the first thing and mean it... (hopefully never?)
5 comments:
Accckk..my heart just sank too until I read on! Phew!!!
Omg... my heart stopped too! Don't scare me like that!!! It is clear how much your girl loves you, though... : )
The moment will come. It is like braxton hix. Painful little moments that lead to the real painful moment.
Glad you are MAMA!!!! :) TT has a story about birth mommy, but it doesn't really register yet.
Ummm....3 is she now....just wait...it started real good after 3....but it's never about you...it still stings a bit tho'
She will never say it- you ARE her Mother- so what if you did not give birth to her- you love that child more then anyone ever could. Hold you head high and love being her Mama!
Post a Comment