Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Afternoon

To further celebrate Malia's 3rd Referral Day  Anniversary, we went to see The Princess and the Frog again, today.
It was playing in town, this time, and for $5 (Mal doesn't yet pay), it was too good a deal to pass up. AND, the theatre owner says he can likely let me have the BIG movie poster they currently have framed in the lobby b/c he is pretty sure he has 2 of them-  I have to come back when the run is over. Malia would LOVE to have it, believe me-  she is all Tiana, ALL the time.:)

Anyway, I had liked the film the first time, but much more the 2nd time around- LOVE Tiana's strong personality.  Malia was very focussed on detail this time, and had much stronger reactions to Ray's death, the danger scenes etc, but came out smiling.

We headed in full Tiana regalia straight to her 5th skating lesson.  I was really worried for this week b/c last week they had set her on the ice haphazardly, she'd lost her footing and literally stood, rooted to one spot, holding an instructor's hand, crying for the full half hour!
You could the fearful memory had not left her, today, but she was doing the twist and moving her litle feet, and only ONE hand stayed attached to an instructor. LOL

Funny, when I saw her put on skates, and literally RUN on the blades the very first time, off the ice, I thought she'd hit the ice and be a skating prodigy, but nope, my usually adventurous kiddo is practising the art of caution full force, with this one.  She still looks forward to her Saturday lessons, big time, though. :)

Skating must've made her hungry b/c she ate her psot-skate treat of a burger, fries and apple juice in about 20 minutes (as opposed to 40!) and then spent her time running to hug me, dancing up a storm and checking out the bay window for "Unco Jeff" to arrive and take her home for her first ever sleepover at Kidan's
house (usually K stays here :)  When he, Kidan, and he boys did, she zoomed around the house soooo excited, I could barely get her coat on. 

And, so now, I am spending the rest of the evening missing her, watching Oprah (at 7pm??) and updating the blog.

Oh, and having a looong, HOT BATH (yes, with the phone in easy reach! LOL)

PS: The less than thrilled faces in the last 2 photos result from popcorn stuck in her tooth AND then, taking the photo a split second after she had almost fallen :)

1 comment:

Aimee said...

OMG she looks so precious in purple!! Happy 3rd Referral Day!!