Friday, April 24, 2009

Just When I'd Pegged Her a Prodigy :)


I tell Malía her life story every once in a while. I have never, ever, however, mentioned who was in the orphanage with her.

About 10 minutes ago, this happened:

Mama:(in the middle of telling her story)...and so your Enat brought you to the orphanage where Gidey promised her that she would take good care of you and find you a Forever Mama that would love you just as much as your Enat always will. Gidey called-

Mal: (interrupting) an' Ki'an?

Mama: Yes, Kidan was in the orphanage, too.

Mal: An' Adéa.

Mama: (a little freaked out) Yes, and Adéa.

Mal: An' G'ace.

Mama: Who?

Mal: G'ace. G'aaaaace.

Mama: (a lot freaked out b/c she sees Grace once a year for about an hour, and the last time was JANUARY!)Grace?

Mal: Yeah, G'ace!!

I was waiting for her to mention the twins, but she didn't. I went on with my story inwardly wondering whether she just overheard the SC mentioning that all the kids were in the orphanage together, or whether somehow, someway she had some crazy rententive memory even though she was only 4 months old when she left when suddenly-

Mal: An' Scarecwow!

Um yeah.

Apparently the orphanage was over the rainbow. :)

9 comments:

veggiemom said...

LOL!

Melissa said...

But wouldn't that make her history so much more colorful (in her eyes anyway!)? Hilarious girl.

Jeanie said...

Love it! Do we really know whether or not the scarecrow was there???

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what she can recall now that she has the words to express it. Babes know a lot more than we realize!

Jennifer said...

I wonder if you go through your pictures if you will find Malia's "scarecrow"?

Sebrina Wilson said...

lol, too cute!!

Unknown said...

Very good memory :) What a cutie.

Aimee said...

What a sponge! ;o) Hysterical....

Single PAP said...

too funny!