Saturday, April 4, 2009

Serendipity?

So, is it just coincidence that when you lock your 2 year old daughter in the car again, in your own driveway this time (and, no, NOT my own carelessness- apparently there is a short that causes the stupid thing to self-lock!) that even though you're also locked out of the house, a) your neighbour just happens to be standing right there and has a cell phone, b) one of the responding cops is Mal's eldest Ethio-sissy's Daddy who tells me K's mama had a van that kept doing this, as well c) the "tow truck" the 911 dispatcher calls is actually 2 guys in sports car who arrive within 5 minutes, do the job in less than 2, AND are my former students so charge me nothing?
Nope, I didn't think so either. ;)

And as for "the why" with this lock down? Um, don't have a clue, but boy was K's Daddy's partner CUTE! LOL

So, it was a little frightening (VERY weird to touch NOTHING and suddenly hear all the doors lock, and after it was over the relief almost made me throw up), but Mal handled it like a trooper, she even told me later, "I not scar't, mama", and we went on to have a day of shopping (Um, Carrie? Stacey? I bought the boxed set of Twilight books at Costco, so they'd better be GOOD! :), and playground fun.
The little Miss before the car "incident"


Sharing a ride with a big girl


Contemplating the meaning of life

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to start stashing a car key in your shoe!

Jeanie said...

No way!!!! What are the chances of locking your kid in the car twice (by no fault of your own)? Likin' how the rescue all came together though! Miss M is quite the stylin' diva these days. Hope her mama is doing well too. I loved reading your re-posts from the days in Ethiopia, brought back many memories.

Rebecca said...

Shut up!!! Really??? Well, at least K's daddies partner was nice to look at! :)
Could Miss M. look anymore like a little diva in that one shot? She has her hat on and her little arm held behind her just perfectly!
Last time I had to call a tow truck, the guy was nasty. Smelling and personality. I think that I may be calling the wrong company???? :)

Kimmyann said...

I would get an extra key and some extra strenght duct take and tape a key to the underside of the car somewhere.

Aimee said...

OMG... I would have been freaking out if I locked my Hannah in the car, esp. on a hot day! Because I can get careless from time to time, I got one of those key magnets, you put the key in the sliding slot and close it and stick it under your car somewhere. It has saved my butt big time!!! Not only is it very convenient, it's a great investment as well!

Mal looks so much like a little princess! What a hot shot! hehehe

Kendra said...

What crazy luck! Gotta love it when everyone who comes to help either has a connection to you or is fun to look at!!!! Malia is always such a stylish little girl.

Calico Sky said...

lol hands off, cute Ontario cops are mine!!! LOL

Glad it went so well!

mommy2natalie said...

I hope you got the cute cop's number lol! I have had nightmares about locking Natalie in the car... glad to hear it can turn out so well.
P.S. very jealous of your spring weather... we got 1.5 feet of snow this weekend!

Michelle said...

oh my gosh....you gotta read my last blog. I just did this same thing over the weekend. But it was my fault, not the car's fault.
My incident was much more traumatic though. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! My car did the exact same thing in the middle of winter...it just locked itself...not fun!!

As for Twilight..you will love them. seriously. I watched the movie this weekend, the next day bought hte first book, read it in a day, then bought the second book adn I'm sure I'll be done tonight...it's WAY too addicting for a mother of a 2 year old!! All I want to do is read the darn thing, but can't!!