Sunday, April 5, 2009

Role Reversal :)

Malía came to wake me at 6:30am, but I'd been awakened hours earlier by the carbonmonoxide detector (no worries, the battery pack was just in wrong), it had taken me until 5:30am to even fall back asleep, and my whole body was soooo sore, so no way did I want up.

Mal: (standing next to my bed and patting my butt :) Mama, ge' up. Ge' up, p'ease.

Mama: (picking her up and putting her into bed with me) Five minutes, Mala. It's Sunday.

Mal: Mama, p'ease. Mama, ge' up. I got xi-xi (pee-pee). I wan' TweeHouse.

So we go off to the bathroom, we get her night diaper off, I get her morning milk and yogurt smoothie (must be "HOT, Mama"), snuggle her on the couch watching TreeHouse and go back to bed. (my bed room door opens into the living room so I am only a few feet away)

Five minutes later.
Mal: Mama?

Mama: Yes, Malia.

Mal: Mama, wha' sa matter? It hurts? (she's used to me complaining lately about my one foot that I banged up)

Mama: Yes, baby.

Mal: (holding out her bottle to me) You drink leitinho (her milk concoction) you feel be'er, k?

(I take a pretend pull on it)

MaL: All be'er?

Mama: Almost. But, please Mal, I'll get up in a little while, I promise.

Mal: You wan' juice? Juice make it be'er.

Mama: Later honey.

Mal: Aw, Mama. I's okay. I kiss it. (she kisses my arm that is over the edge of the bed)Better? You feel be'er, now?

And, yeah, I got up! :)

** btw, just to demonstrate how tired I truly was. We got home from Palm Sunday Mass and lunch with the Vo-Vo's at about 3pm. Mal wanted to play on the swings, but it would mean changing her clothes, bundling her up etc b/c it was suddenly really cold and I could see how muddy the playground was, so I offered to colour or watch a movie, instead- she asked for The Wizard of Oz, again. I was alseep with her cuddled on me even before Dorothy went up into the cyclone. I stayed that way, (except for Mal waking me to tell me about this or that on screen) until Dorothy starts tapping her heals together to go home!! Mal, who didn't get a nap today, was wide awake. LOL

3 comments:

twondra said...

Awww, she is sooooo cute! Such a sweetheart.

Calico Sky said...

Ha Ha! Now that is role reversal!

Anonymous said...

what a sweat girl - so lovey!