Malía was playing on stage while my kids were rehearsing. Then I heard it- "MISS! She fell in the crack." She had fallen between the runway and the stage- 3 1/2 feet down.
I was backstage. I came running and someone had sat her on the lip of the stage, all was silent. She couldn't cry. Her mouth was open in agony. Her arms held out rigidly. No sound. Then, the crying started, like nothing I have ever heard from her.
At the hospital, I stood at the triage window, tears on my own face. No one came. I rang the bell, and someone asked what happened then told me to just have a seat- say what? Malía was still crying. I sat down, but only long enough to call my doctor to ask that he call them. His nurse told me to go back to the window and make sure she was taken in.
She didn't have to tell me twice.
Suddenly Mal stopped crying and was falling asleep. I was terrified, and kept waking her as they assessed her and took us in. Stripped down and in a warm blanket, she just wanted to sleep. I told her stories, made her supply key words, do actions, anything to make sure she stayed alert, conscious. She could barely whisper, but she did it.
The doctor came. He asked if she liked furry bunnies or funny ones. She picked the former and he got it for her. Doctor and child promptly fell in love with each other.
She whimpered, softly, but let him do all he needed, he even got her to laugh.
By the time the nurse came to take care of her little face, Mal was enjoying the adventure.
Her cheek bone is badly bruised and scraped, the inside of her mouth also very sore (it's the only thing she has complained about) but she ate a little and drank her all her milk. She's asleep now, in Mama's bed- have to wake her every hour for 4 hours, and then every couple of hours after that. They say if she vomits once or twice, no worries, but if it's more to take her back in.
I was sooooo scared. And, now everything on me hurts, too.
But, my daughter is okay. Thank God she is okay.
PS: Hey God? Mal now has TWO "trauma toys" given to her in less than a month's time. We don't want anymore reasons to get another, k? Thanks.
And, in case you haven't heard me the last 50,000 times or so... thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Amen.
I was backstage. I came running and someone had sat her on the lip of the stage, all was silent. She couldn't cry. Her mouth was open in agony. Her arms held out rigidly. No sound. Then, the crying started, like nothing I have ever heard from her.
At the hospital, I stood at the triage window, tears on my own face. No one came. I rang the bell, and someone asked what happened then told me to just have a seat- say what? Malía was still crying. I sat down, but only long enough to call my doctor to ask that he call them. His nurse told me to go back to the window and make sure she was taken in.
She didn't have to tell me twice.
Suddenly Mal stopped crying and was falling asleep. I was terrified, and kept waking her as they assessed her and took us in. Stripped down and in a warm blanket, she just wanted to sleep. I told her stories, made her supply key words, do actions, anything to make sure she stayed alert, conscious. She could barely whisper, but she did it.
The doctor came. He asked if she liked furry bunnies or funny ones. She picked the former and he got it for her. Doctor and child promptly fell in love with each other.
She whimpered, softly, but let him do all he needed, he even got her to laugh.
By the time the nurse came to take care of her little face, Mal was enjoying the adventure.
Her cheek bone is badly bruised and scraped, the inside of her mouth also very sore (it's the only thing she has complained about) but she ate a little and drank her all her milk. She's asleep now, in Mama's bed- have to wake her every hour for 4 hours, and then every couple of hours after that. They say if she vomits once or twice, no worries, but if it's more to take her back in.
I was sooooo scared. And, now everything on me hurts, too.
But, my daughter is okay. Thank God she is okay.
PS: Hey God? Mal now has TWO "trauma toys" given to her in less than a month's time. We don't want anymore reasons to get another, k? Thanks.
And, in case you haven't heard me the last 50,000 times or so... thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Amen.
26 comments:
OMG I am glad she wasn't hurt any worse. I hope both of your heal physically and emotionally quickly. I know its hard but don't feel too bad. Accidents happen.
Oh... poor little sweetheart. I'm glad she's ok.
Oh Malia baby. So glad she is okay. So glad you are okay.
Oh Dear God, Thank you!!!
Omg! Poor Malia.. and poor mama! I think I told you about the time Z got stitches.. and I cried more than he did! There's nothing worse then seeing your baby in pain. I'm so glad she is okay.
Oh my goodness... how scary for both of you. Thank goodness everything is okay, other than some bumps and scrapes. What a good girl (and malia is too!) Hugs to both of you...
how scary. I am soooo sorry you both had to go through this. I am glad she is ok.
Oh my hugs to you and Malia. You girls have had a rough go of it these last few weeks- if Malia needs comfort toys I will gladly mail her some God, without the scares.
Kiss that cheek it looks so sore. Praise God that she is ok. I am sorry you both had to go through this.
I'm so sorry. How scary--praying that she is (and you are) back to 100% very soon.
Oh my goodness I'm so so sorry that happened, what a terrible fright for you both. Praise God that she is OK! I HATE that people are made to wait after falls etc, it is simply too scary. Oh I'm just so happy she is OK but I'm sure you still feel shaky. So sorry.
(((hugs)))
Wow! Poor thing. So glad she's okay. (((HUGS)))
I can only imagine the thoughts that were going through your head when you heard that "Thud"! I'm so glad to hear that she's recovering!
Oh, the poor girl! Glad everything is ok now and no major injuries. She looks like a little trooper in the pics! Hope you recover quickly as well.
Thank God Mal and mommy are OK! I'm so sorry you guys had another scare!!! Sending lots and lots of (((hugs)) your way!
Poor thing!!! Glad she's okay!
poor baby! and poor mama. How very scary.
Thank God! Poor baby, my heart just dropped while I was reading this. Give her a big hug and kiss from TX for us, okay?
AW! Poor little Malia!
I'm glad she's ok though! Here's to a speedy recovery (and no more trauma toys!)
that was scary to read, i can't imagine being there. poor girl-hope you both are on the mend.
Yikes. There is nothing like a thud followed by silence - way scarier than noise. Hope you are both recovering.
So glad the little munchkin is going to be just fine! Barb
Oh no, that's terrible, I'm glad to see that she's okay.
Courtney
OMG!!! I am sorry to hear this!! Poor Malia!!!!! I'm glad to hear she is doing better!!
Oh no!!! Poor Mal!!! My heart would have been pounding if that happened to Hannah! What a scare! I'm so happy that she is OK!!! What a little trooper!
Oh my gosh.... I am so sorry! I am so glad she is okay.....
Oh my lord-Luci!! I cna't hardly type thro the tears. Give her a tight hug. AND yourself one too.
She is smiling in your photos...and the Dr.... looks hot. Hey maybe Miss M. has a "plan".
ohhh-be safe little one.
Post a Comment