Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ethio-Sisters Unite- November '09 edition

We don't get them together as often as we want to.
We don't get them together as often as they want to.
We definitely don't do it as often as we should.
But when we do there is great anticipation while each waits for the moment to arrive.
Then there is shyness as time apart gets a chance to melt away.





It is followed by comfort that can lead to silliness, and threats of time outs at the table.




Hurtles itself toward joy.









And, as the moment of goodbye approachs, they retreat a little into themselves, maybe to make the parting easier, maybe b/c they are just totally worn out.


For these two little ladies, one 3, one 5, the bond of their home country, their orphanage, even their tribal heritage may not matter now, as much as planning the next sleepover,but it will one day. I hope by then the friendship will be not just the orchestration of their mamas, but a chosen sisterhood.

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Awwww! They are so sweet together. M is catching up to K in height isn't she!!

Anonymous said...

I think about the "orchestrating" of friendships a whole lot.

They are two beautiful girls and it seems they have a lot to share. I too hope their connection will become their own.

Barb said...

I LOVE Mal's red coat in this post. I read the post a few days ago but came back to look again tonight. Do you mind if I ask where you got it? I'm a horrid shopper and love jeans, sweats and sweatshirts. Every once in awhile I feel guilty for not making K more girly, but then I remember we don't make anyone, anything. Let me know when you have a sec. dion.barb @ gmail dot com.