Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mali & Me (Sunday)

Malia intensely watching Joseph...Dreamcoat before Vó-Vó and Vô-Vo take her to mass and lunch.

Getting a closer look at the kids' choir in Joseph.


Being a silly pants



yet again :)


My pain is down to not needing meds (I HATE liquid Tylenol with Codeine- barf!) and the nausea finally abated, a little today.

My parents had Mal for a few hours and then she came home and I took her to the park for a while- it was sooo Heavenly with just enough warmth, a just starting to set sun and wonderful breeze.

I learned a few things about Malia tonight too. It seems my munchkin is versed in-

The art of commerce:
(while playing "store" in the playground)
Mal: Yes, what do you want?
Mama: A decaf coffee double cream please.
Mal: Sure! Where's you money?


The art of distraction:
(while Mal was taking a bath)
Mama: (sternly) Malia Dilana, there is water on the bathroom floor!
Mal: Hey Mama! Mama! I say hi and you take my picture okay? (she waves and smiles)

The art of discipline:
Mama (spotting one of her suction held ducks on the bathroom floor) Malia why is your ducky out here?
Mal: He in time out because he's bad.
Mama: He's bad? What did he do?
Mal: I try to make him stick up dere and he no want to!
Mama: (suctioning the duck to the tub wall) There, how's that?
Mal: Mama, he was in time out!

The art of kissing up to Mama:
(at dinner)
Mal: Mama is dis salad?
Mama: Yes, Mal, it's spinach salad.
Mal: Can I eat it?
Mama: Yes, of course.
Mal: (tasting) Oh Mama, did is soooo good! Thank you! Thank you for spitich for me!! (and she ate it ALL!)

And the one that made me tear up for all that is happening in our lives in this area...

The art of big sisterhood:
(standing at the foot of a big slide, arms out)
Mama: Malia, what are you doing? Move away from there.
Mal: (looking at the little child at the top) Mama, she's a baby. I catch her so she don't get hurt. Come, on, baby, come on. Ma'ia catch you, okay?

....sob.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Man I love that lil girl!!! She has the cutest little sayings!!!

Heather said...

Sob is right.
Just want you to know-- I am thinking of you round the clock with this whole NIGHTMARE adoption situation.
hugs to you and Malia,
hbj

Single PAP said...

oh the dress, the shoes, the hair! too, too adorable!!

Melissa said...

I and four hundred others around the country have the same prayers as you... we need a miracle here. She WILL be a great big sister (But I like the duck one best).

Aimee said...

She's so stinkin cute the way she converses with you. hehehe Looooove the tub pix!! ;o)

Kate said...

For some reason you and Malia are on my mind tonight.

Joseph is my favorite play of all time. Go Go Go Joe!

Hope you are healing.

Louise said...

Seriously---she is dreamy!!!!! I have been watching closely the goings ons and am still holding you and Malia and lil' sis in prayers.
Hope you are feeling better everyday!! (((HUGS)))