Monday, July 20, 2009

Need your help...

Some of you got this in an email already, for others, please read and sign the petition to help me, and all the families.
thanks so much,
L.

**************
This is a letter I wrote to my MPP- it will explain my situation and then a link follows to a petition to help all the familes involved in this scandal.
Please- will you sign?

Dear Mr. C******:

I am certain that you have heard of the emotional devastation that the sudden bankruptcy of Imagine Adoption (also called Kids Link International) , Cambridge, Ontario, is causing for nearly 500 families across Canada.

My name is L********** and I am a single mother to one beautiful Ethiopia princess, named Malía, and when this terrible news hit, we were 11 1/2 months into waiting for a referral for a little sister to complete our family.

My dossier arrived in Ethiopia on August 7, 2008, and though what has happened with Imagine Adoption has greatly frightened me, I refuse to believe that this is it- that my hope for another child is finished. Mr. ******* we have $16,000 invested in adopting again, with IA, but for me, it is not about the money. It is about children being able to come home, about being referred a sibling for my daughter, already home, and being able to bring my new daughter to be part of our family forever. Mr. ******, I will be 50 in October- if this adoption fails, there is no more chance for me... for us...

Please, Mr. C******, I am asking your help in making sure that the government does not simply let this issue become old news. Please ensure that the Ministry steps in and not only gets the children already referred, home, but matches the families who have their dossiers in Ethiopia and, subsequently, gets those children home, as well.

I am counting on your help. Thank you, so much.

Sincerely,

L.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveOurDreamofAdoptingInternatio/signatures-107.html

3 comments:

the Melodious Mama said...

I wish I could sign it 100 times!! my heart is breaking for you all....big tests...wow.

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness... I am so sorry. I'm praying for you and all of the families and children involved.

Kimmyann said...

Signed with pleasure