Thursday, July 30, 2009

There's HOPE

There was a meeting of the creditors (we, the parents in limbo) and BDO Dunwoody (the firm handling the bankruptcy). This is a general overview of the outcome.
I am optimistic, but still a little scared b/c the Ministry must approve any restructuring plan. However, Deb Matthews promised they'd "bend over backwards" to support anything that was decided today. Now, we'll see.
But, if it works, then my ticker is right to keep on ticking b/c Little Sista is not lost to us, just a little delayed.

Basically, we saw the prize:

We went for it full out-
And, now we wait and hope and PRAY!
**pics taken in my neighbour's pool :) i didn't stage them, but when I was writing this post, I just knew they'd fit! LOL

14 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Good news, I've been thinking about you so much...there is hope..Yay!! Hey, question, what product do you use to do Malia's twists (like the one in the pic on the top of your blog??) You can email me jocibro @ G Mail.com!!

veggiemom said...

Fingers crossed for you, Malia, and Little Sista!!! You're right...the pictures are perfect for the post. :-)

Mama Papaya said...

Oh Mama, I am hoping.

Aimee said...

Awesome news!! The pictures definitely correlate with your post. Love the 3rd pic of Mal. Too cute! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Kimmyann said...

Yay! That is great. Hope it moves quickly so Little Sista can be on her way home.

Jeanie said...

Things are looking good, I think the ministry will approve the plan but we also need a judge pass the plan of bringing the company out of insolvency since legally the company no longer exists...I don't think any judge with a heart will turn us down though. I breathed a sigh of relief when they said 2 to 4 weeks... I was thinking 4 to 6 months. Ted also said there are about 7 referrals sitting in the unopened mail so I am hopeful.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what people will do for one another when the right spirit exists.

I hope the next big post will be a referral!

Leslie said...

Oh, I hope so. I'm praying along with you! What terrific pictures!!

the Melodious Mama said...

that is excellent news! so encouraging!!

keeping our fingers crossed that lil' sista will be in your arms so soon!

*super cute Malia!!

Unknown said...

Hoping and praying for you and Mal!!!!

Calico Sky said...

Thanks for asking how I'm doing, much better but still sick! Anyways, I'm so glad that there is a plan in place, I've been praying very hard for you all. Those pictures are perfect for this post!

Beth said...

I am glad there is good news. Hoping and praying for all of you.

B said...

Hope is always good, glad you got a little to hold onto. We're hoping with you, Mal, and little sistah.

Barb said...

My little angel is still hanging waiting for you to bring home your second child. Love and prayers to you and Malia. Barb xo