Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Most Precious Gift

My mom brought over a crock pot today, as a present to me, from Malia, for my Mother's Day gift.

I was thankful I already had one, so that she could take it back, without being offended.

I asked her not to worry about getting anything else, b/c my Mother's Day present is right here, pretty in pink:

Mal rescued this toy as I was taking it to the curb side. I had originally paid $2 for it, shortly after she came home. Apparently it is still play worthy, even for "big girls" :)


Looking cute and coy.


Watching "Grease" (mostly the musical numbers, don't worry!) and cheering on Rydell!



Annoyed at yet another potty shot.


More gifts:

It's wonderful when:

Your baby tells you she loves you often, and many times before you've even said it first.

Politicians keep their promises to do right by the people. (yes, the tree was fixed when I got home on Thursday)

You ask God for a miracle, and you're given two.
A work-free weekend happens every Friday, after last bell, like clockwork!

Happy Mother's Day
to all the Mamas with babes in their arms,
babes in their bellies,

AND

all the Mamas with them in their hearts!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy mother's day to you! I concur with everything you said - especially asking God for a miracle.

I hope your day is as special as you are.

Single PAP said...

happy mother's day!

Danielle said...

Happy Mother's Day L!! Hope your day is wonderful!

Sandra Knight said...

i felt this way about my "third" mothers day with a large family as well - but it was a nice sweet treat to get a few cards and artwork from a 4yr old who could not get enough of this holiday. congrats, sk