To date, I have over 150 emails, messages and comments from people who want to remain Mal-a-Fans. I have no idea what to do...
I mean, some have been reading since my days on Toadfire in 2006, even if I don't "know" them... do I leave them out?? Sigh.
My whole thing with wanting to go private is just to feel freer to write more openly when I need to. I have the button checked that disallows this blog from being searched, but that somehow seems to contradict the 45 countries I have reading since I put that counter on the blog back in the summer!
I am thinking maybe a switch to Wordpess where certain posts can be password protected, so I made a blog over there. BUT though I used to see an "import blog" button over there, now I don't, so it's empty right now.
Those of you who use wordpress- is it still possible to import this blog to a wordpress? If so, may I have the dummies version of HOW??
Thanks :)
9 comments:
The left side has tabs and one of them says "tools" open that tab and then click "import" it should tell you what to do next!
best,,
Gia
Okay, Gia, I did it- thanks :) NOW, how do I get a pic on my header?? Man, i HATE change of this sort!! :)
http://en.support.wordpress.com/themes/custom-header-image/
I think this will help you!
best,,
Gia
We use wordpress and love the flexibility of private/public/password protected postings.
I think you'll be really pleased.
I've made the switch twice. The first time, I hated wordpress. Still, the ability to do some private posting without making the whole thing private brought me back a second time. There are some things I don't like quite as much as blogger but I'm used to it and it's definitely doable. As a reader, I like it better because password protected posts still show up on google reader whereas private blogger posts don't.
You could switch to Wordpress and start your blog fresh! The thing I like about Wordpress is what Kerri and Meg describe - you can keep your blog open and simply password protect specific posts. I also like the way photos appear on Wordpress blog. You can choose sizes and they automatically resize them for you.
Over 150 people?! You're well loved.
Also wanted to stay in the loop for your new blog. :) j_pilkin@yahoo.ca
Oy vay...beautiful photo of sear Malia with Jolly Ole' Saint Nick. Olivia still prefers to adore him from afar....and has informed me more than once that she "still believes in Santa" ...uuummm...should you NOT at 6.5??
Cheers-L
Yes you can 100% import. If you haven't been given the answer yet, just email me :)
Post a Comment