Like all kidlettes, the stuff that comes out of Malia's mouth sometimes has me laughing out loud, shaking my head in wonder, or downright speechless. And, sometimes, I just look at her and wonder if she's an alien. :)
Regarding Language development (and keep in mind she isn't even 3 until this Tuesday, coming):
Last Saturday morning:
Mal: Mama, get up. I want to get up.
Mama: Mal, it's 6:30am, it's Saturday. Lie here quietly or you go back to your own bed, got it?
She is silent for about 3 minutes and then a HUGE sigh escapes followed by:
Mal: Mama, I am so f'ustrated!!!
Mama: (silently agog) Um, really. You're frustrated? Why Mal?
Mal: Because it's morning and I want to watch TreeHouse and you want to sleep! It's not fair!
(hmmm... used correctly, justified to boot. That was no random word usage)
****
Regarding Logic (and playing her Mama):
Mal: (handing me her pink "princess" shoes) Mama, help me. I want to put these on.
Mama: You're a big girl, Malia. Mama is busy. You can do it.
Mal: Mama, I am a not a big girl right now. I am a little girl. My p'incess shoes have straps. See?They're too hard. You are a big lady, mama. You are supposed to help me. Here, please.
(can't argue with that... :)
****
Regarding suspicious food:
Mal: (upon being given "Nibs" for the first time - they were in her Halloween stash) Mama, this is food? This is for people?
Mama: Yes, Mal, they're Nibs, red licorice.
Mal: Mama, they look like Play doh.
LMAO!
****
Regarding Pop Culture:
Mal: Mama I want my favourite song.
Mama: (knowing this could be anything from Beat It, to Wooly Bully, to Go,Go,Joseph) Which one, honey?
Mal: Um, uh...She wears short skirts, I wear sneakers.
Mama: (singing) She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers-
Mal: Mama, don't sing my favourite song. Just the girl and Malia sing, okay?
Mama: Taylor Swift?
Mal: Yes, please.
****
Regarding knowing Mama:
Mama: (after Mal has said "non, merci" to something I asked her to do) Malia Dilana, I did not send you to french school so that you can deny me in THREE languages.
Mal: Oh, Mama- yes, you did.
****
Regarding being the loving little muffin she mostly is:
a) I tripped over the ice scraper I have been meaning to take out to the car, and hurt myself so badly, I had to stay against the wall where I'd fallen, trying not to give in to the pain in my big toe.
Mal: (sliding off the couch and coming to me) Mama, what's the matter where does you hurt, mama? Mommy? Mommy?
Mama: It's okay, Malia. Go sit down.
Mal: Are you crying? Is there a booboo? Is there pain?
Mama: It's my toe. It'll be okay.
Mal: Mama, my mommy. Don't cry, okay? (I actually wasn't. Just moaning a lot :) I kiss your foot, then you sit down and I hug you until it feels better, okay?
(I didn't let her kiss my feet, but I cuddled with her curled up on my lap for about 1/2 an hour as we watched Jeopardy and I did feel much, much better)
b) Mal (As she tried to hug Guine, who we are sitting for my parents): Mama, Guine don't love me.
Mama: Sure he does.
Mal: But, he move when I tried to hug him.
Mama: He's just not used to it like Khobi is, honey.
Mal: But, he misses Vo-Vo and Vo-Vo. I NEED to hug him. Guine, stand still, please.
:)
Regarding Language development (and keep in mind she isn't even 3 until this Tuesday, coming):
Last Saturday morning:
Mal: Mama, get up. I want to get up.
Mama: Mal, it's 6:30am, it's Saturday. Lie here quietly or you go back to your own bed, got it?
She is silent for about 3 minutes and then a HUGE sigh escapes followed by:
Mal: Mama, I am so f'ustrated!!!
Mama: (silently agog) Um, really. You're frustrated? Why Mal?
Mal: Because it's morning and I want to watch TreeHouse and you want to sleep! It's not fair!
(hmmm... used correctly, justified to boot. That was no random word usage)
****
Regarding Logic (and playing her Mama):
Mal: (handing me her pink "princess" shoes) Mama, help me. I want to put these on.
Mama: You're a big girl, Malia. Mama is busy. You can do it.
Mal: Mama, I am a not a big girl right now. I am a little girl. My p'incess shoes have straps. See?They're too hard. You are a big lady, mama. You are supposed to help me. Here, please.
(can't argue with that... :)
****
Regarding suspicious food:
Mal: (upon being given "Nibs" for the first time - they were in her Halloween stash) Mama, this is food? This is for people?
Mama: Yes, Mal, they're Nibs, red licorice.
Mal: Mama, they look like Play doh.
LMAO!
****
Regarding Pop Culture:
Mal: Mama I want my favourite song.
Mama: (knowing this could be anything from Beat It, to Wooly Bully, to Go,Go,Joseph) Which one, honey?
Mal: Um, uh...She wears short skirts, I wear sneakers.
Mama: (singing) She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers-
Mal: Mama, don't sing my favourite song. Just the girl and Malia sing, okay?
Mama: Taylor Swift?
Mal: Yes, please.
****
Regarding knowing Mama:
Mama: (after Mal has said "non, merci" to something I asked her to do) Malia Dilana, I did not send you to french school so that you can deny me in THREE languages.
Mal: Oh, Mama- yes, you did.
****
Regarding being the loving little muffin she mostly is:
a) I tripped over the ice scraper I have been meaning to take out to the car, and hurt myself so badly, I had to stay against the wall where I'd fallen, trying not to give in to the pain in my big toe.
Mal: (sliding off the couch and coming to me) Mama, what's the matter where does you hurt, mama? Mommy? Mommy?
Mama: It's okay, Malia. Go sit down.
Mal: Are you crying? Is there a booboo? Is there pain?
Mama: It's my toe. It'll be okay.
Mal: Mama, my mommy. Don't cry, okay? (I actually wasn't. Just moaning a lot :) I kiss your foot, then you sit down and I hug you until it feels better, okay?
(I didn't let her kiss my feet, but I cuddled with her curled up on my lap for about 1/2 an hour as we watched Jeopardy and I did feel much, much better)
b) Mal (As she tried to hug Guine, who we are sitting for my parents): Mama, Guine don't love me.
Mama: Sure he does.
Mal: But, he move when I tried to hug him.
Mama: He's just not used to it like Khobi is, honey.
Mal: But, he misses Vo-Vo and Vo-Vo. I NEED to hug him. Guine, stand still, please.
:)
3 comments:
So cute. You are going to be so glad you wrote this all down.
Smart as a whip, that one...
Love these posts....although I ALWAYS cry over the blessing she is..her clever, clever brain, and the love she has for life. Happy almost 3 Malia!!
Post a Comment