Monday, November 30, 2009

The Question

Malia was supposed to have gone into her room to get her night dress. Instead, she returned carrying a very small sleeper- 0 to 3 months size.
Holding it up, she said, "Mama, this is too small for me. Too small. This is this for my sister, okay?"
I didn't tell her it was actually one of her baby doll's outfits, and instead answered that yes, it could be for her sister.
She was about to go put it away again, when she stopped and abruptly turned back, holding it out, again, she looked up at me with those big dark eyes, an open, but very concerned expression in them and on her lovely face that I can't accurately describe, but it made my heart hurt.
"Mama, is my sister real?  Is ___________ real?"
"Yes, honey. She's just not here yet. She's still in Ethiopia."
"But, she's real, Mama?  Yes?"

I hope so, Mal. I hope so.

**************
Coincidentally, our once dead in the water agency announced today that enough families paid the new retainer fees-  Imagine Adoption (the sequel) is officially up and running.  How is it Mal always sees to mention Little Sista on  these  significant days?

11 comments:

Gia said...

Best of luck!!! I can't wait for the "official announcement" of Malia's baby sister!!!!

Best,,
Gia

Kendra said...

That is awesome! Yes little sista is coming home.

Kendra

shannon said...

So excited , I still cant really believe we pulled it off and the wait game is back on,
The news keeps creeping in slowly it should be a strange next couple of days as it really really sinks in.

So proud of us for making it this far

Shannon

ps love the Lab pics. I live with a great 4 year old yellow one myself. He works everyday with me at our center for handicap kids and he rocks , but I must say I cant wait for him to have a kiddo all of his own to love and cuddle on the floor. I guess now I should start to picture it all over again

onemorebaby said...

Hoping and praying that your wait from here on out is SHORT!

Jane said...

May the baby sister in both your hearts soon be in your arms!

Unknown said...

ahhh... I can't wait till you get baby girl home!

Jeanie said...

You are lucky she is only asking on 'these' days...Adea has been asking and talking about her little sister daily for over a month. When I told her E was coming home to live with A and Z she started bawling saying she wanted her sister too. Hopefully soon!

Kathryn said...

AHHH!!! I just read that you're going private! Please don't leave me out! I've been following you since ... gosh, well before Malia was on this side of the world!

please, oh, please may I be included when you move?

Kathryn

Mamato2 said...

Jeanie, that is so sweet and so sad, too. Mal talks about little sis on other days, but saves the more profound stuff for the "key" days. It's weird ;)

Louise said...

Oy vay....kleenex, always needed when I swing by....why do I NOT get that???Is she real???
WOW.....Miss Malia is amazing, no?
Hugs

Kate said...

Great news- this is the year 2010- Little Sister is out there waiting for youguys. Soon my friend- hang in there.