We didn't do anything earth shattering, but that's the beauty of making memories- they come in the simplest of forms.
Like on Dec 9th, we had fried chicken, then watched another 1/3 of "The Sound of Music". Only "watched" is a little optimistic, we committed to memory, really, and exactly onepart of it! I must've let her play it 9 times and it was pure joy on her face as she "flitted" and "curtsied" and danced. :)
Dec 10th was completely unplanned but just as I was about to proclaim no TV night, the old Rankin Bass, Santa Claus is Coming to Town came on. We watched together, with her jumping into my arms to gaze, round eyed, from the safety of my lap when the Winter Warlock was being mean. :) She wanted "more" when it was over, but alas, it wasn't a dvd or video. Sorry, sweetness.
Tonight, I had nothing planned, and then while exchanging a pair of pant just before picking Mal up, inspiration came in the form of a mini Christmas tree being sold for charity. It was on sale for $3 (that's about 50 cents for my US friends ;) so I bought one for her, and later we hit Dollarama and I let her pick out whatever decorations struck her fancy (and believe me, I am sooo sorry, I didn't have my camera to get a pic of my little Miss Independent trying to carry the big wire shopping basket full of stuff through a crowd of amused shoppers who parted for her like a human Red Sea! :)
We had supper, next door, at Quiznos (this brought on by the fact that Mal seriously needed to go poo "now, mama, ow my bum bum") and then came home where SHE did the whole of the decorating while Mama just held the base tightly so it wouldn't topple. The finished product, complete with mini-angel, is now in her bedroom.
Today was impromtpu, but next year, I will make ornaments with her for her special tree.
*******************************************
There's a lot going on that I can't blog about, too. Basically, and with my daughter (and my sanity) as my priority, it's time to distance from someone who refuses to change unhealthy/toxic behaviour. But, I don't know how to do it, and I know I'll break a heart, maybe shatter it. So, for the praying folk out there- send a couple up for me to know when and definitely how... or maybe better yet, for HIM, k?
Dec 10th was completely unplanned but just as I was about to proclaim no TV night, the old Rankin Bass, Santa Claus is Coming to Town came on. We watched together, with her jumping into my arms to gaze, round eyed, from the safety of my lap when the Winter Warlock was being mean. :) She wanted "more" when it was over, but alas, it wasn't a dvd or video. Sorry, sweetness.
We had supper, next door, at Quiznos (this brought on by the fact that Mal seriously needed to go poo "now, mama, ow my bum bum") and then came home where SHE did the whole of the decorating while Mama just held the base tightly so it wouldn't topple. The finished product, complete with mini-angel, is now in her bedroom.
Today was impromtpu, but next year, I will make ornaments with her for her special tree.
There's a lot going on that I can't blog about, too. Basically, and with my daughter (and my sanity) as my priority, it's time to distance from someone who refuses to change unhealthy/toxic behaviour. But, I don't know how to do it, and I know I'll break a heart, maybe shatter it. So, for the praying folk out there- send a couple up for me to know when and definitely how... or maybe better yet, for HIM, k?
5 comments:
she's SOOOOO cute and I feel like she skipped early toddler hood all together and fell right into the preschool look. What happend to the babyface? I love the little tree and her picking out the ornaments, sweet!
She is adorable!!!
Sorry you are going through rough times. I'll send some positive vibes your way!!
Why is it that the people who are so difficult are the ones we have such a hard time letting go of?
Mal is lovely and as always you amaze me as a mother. It is clear how much you adore her.
Love, love the tree Malia decorated. It's is so sweet. That was a great advent day idea.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you traverse this difficult road ahead. Barb xo
I think you should just let her decorate the entire house..she's got a knack i'm tellin ya! Hope everything in your life calms down, and that you find the direction you seek..usually when I put it in Gods hands it all works out as it should.
Post a Comment