Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This Little Piggy...


Leitão (roast suckling pig) is a Portuguese traditional dish for holidays. Very costly and time consuming to make, but no self-respecting Portuguese has a wedding, or other affair without it present at some point during the night. My dad is like King of the Leitões, around this area, often the one people call to prep, roast and cut up (there's an art to it) for them. He even goes into the woods for his own roasting pole! LOL
Mal got her first taste tonight, and though I wasn't sure until that moment- she is definitely a carnivore! ;)
**The uninitiated are probably gagging. Those who know, salivating. :)
BTW, Mal's slippers are THREE sizes too big. Those are NOT her feet! LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting her in my pink leopard print jammies looking at the not so pretty pig (but oh so pretty girl) thanking my stars that I'm not Portuguese :)

Anonymous said...

wow, that meal is my nightmare but my daughter, who is also a big time carnivore, would love, love, love it!! ;-)

Unknown said...

Ha I love the slippers!