Thursday, December 25, 2008

...And to all a goodnight! :)








Well, I had planned on not going overboard, but I forgot about things I bought early, so she got more than I had intended- lots of books, a cd featuring songs in her name, paints/markers/paper, a toy broom set and cook set, Mr./ Mrs. Potato Head, electric drum set and a Kid Tough Camera (which is going back b/c my cousin also got her one!), Rudoplph movie, a custom made Dorothy doll and Toto, plus traditonal new jammies and her new dress (which don't really count, right? :)
Her Vó-vó and Vô-vô did behave at my request: A beautiful red dress-up coat, some new pairs of jammies, slippers.
BUT, her Godmother and two aunties(and uncles) did NOT!
Let's see- about 4 more sets of jammies, mega-sized colouring set, HUGE bigger-than-Malia bear, a Little Tikes Camera, Leap Frog Word Whammer, talking Dress Me Elmo, skipping rope, a zillion books, stuffed christmas teddy bear- there's more, but that's what I can remember right now. I also know that another auntie has stuff for her she'll get later. Sheesh.
I very honestly want to cut back, want her to understand about giving as more important, about the real meaning of Christmas (and she was soooo cute kissing baby Jesus at church), so I think next year I'll set a limit on what I/Santa gives her (and oh my, Little Sista will likely be with us by then!!!:), period and start the one thing comes in the house, so one must go out to a child in need system.
For now, at least everything she got is useful either in the practical sense, or as a way to nurture creativity and skills.



6 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

It's hard to not go overboard. We want to give our kids everything! It looks like she (and you) had a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Danielle said...

Merry belated Christmas! Looks wonderful!! LOVE the Dorothy doll too, where did you find her? I'm a big Wizard of Oz fan so I'd love something like this for Zia's birthday!!

Unknown said...

Looks like someone was a VERY good girl this year :) Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!

Rebecca said...

That is the funniest pic of the ladies looking/laughing at each other! You can just see the joy.
I know what you mean about going overboard. It is ridiculous how much Ava got. Seriously. But, it's so hard not to! And, we had A LOT of help!!

Kimmyann said...

She looks like she loved her presents.

twondra said...

Glad you had a good Christmas! Malia is sooooo cute!