In an instant, you might come in from outside and shut the door, thinking it actually closed all the way.
In an instant, you might go into the back room and check email, thinking your daughter is ensconced safely on the couch watching the P'ince where you just left her.
In an instant, something doesn't feel right and you run into the living room, and the first thing you see is the front door wide open.
In an instant, you are out the door and screaming her name. She is at the side of the house, crying hysterically b/c she had fallen face first into yesterday's snow.
In an instant, you pick her up and somehow note all at once that her beautiful face is panicked and red, her hands are like icicles, the t-shirt she is wearing is wet, and all that didn't happen scares you so much, you give her 2 sharp paddles on the bum.
In an instant, you bring her inside and warm her up with rubs, towels and a million kisses.
In an instant, you thank her Guardian Angels, and yours, and then begin to cry uncontrollably.
In an instant, she responds by saying, "I want more snow, Mama" and you make sure you lock the door and bring her into the back room with you to write out your feelings...
13 comments:
Luci the exact same thing happened to my on Friday morning with Gabbi. She was in a diaper and playing with her purse. She waved "Bye bye" like she always does when she puts her purse on her shoulder and headed upstairs.. or so I thought. Something felt weird and I called to the boys to ask if Gabbi was with them. They said no and I ran to the front door and saw it open. She was standing on the porch in her diaper :( Thank God I realized before she walked out onto the road.
Such a scary thing, isn't it?
Oh Mama. How terrifying. May the rest of your day be extremely boring.
Ouch, that is scary. Im glad your both ok.
How scary for both of you. Hope you both are ok now.
Oh! They are just so darn fast, aren't they??
I am glad your Mama instincts kicked in and she is safe and sound!
Wow...scary. Glad she was okay.
Glad Malia was and is okay.
Sebrina disappeared as a child once when I was shopping. I couldn't find her for about 10-15 minutes (longest 10-15 of my life). Turned out she was hiding.
I know just how you felt, the emotions of anger - at yourself, at the child, then thankful and upset, all spilling over you at the same time.
Like Mama Papaya said, I hope the rest of your week is boring. Barb xo
scary i a am glad she is ok!
Thank GOD she is okay. I would have paddled that little butt too. ManChild did this once, got out of our 6 ft fence in the back yard..he was 4..I had just checked on him. The neighbor called me and told me Michael had told her that I said he could come visit. I put a pad lock on that gate, and yes...he got a spanking. It can all happen in just an instant. I hope you are calmer now, and know that you are a wonderful mother..it was just one of those things.
Oh my goodness, what a heart attack you must have had. Glad to hear everyone is good!
Rhonda
Oh Luci---that made me cry!!! Such a scare---to find her alright in the snow. THANK God, it was only an instant!! Be still your heart!! Hug her tight!
How scary! I am so glad everything is okay.
god its scary how fast things happen...so glad she was ok.
barb
Post a Comment