
Yup, it's happened. Malía is in love, and I am afraid it is much more serious than the one she seems to have on the Tin Man, or her Vô-Vô. Maybe it's the white tights and silvery lamé tunic (that I think makes him look like he has boobs!), maybe it's the white horse, and crown, maybe it's the dreamy singing voice. BUT, whatever it is, Mal is in love with a Prince, Stuart Damon's version in the 1965 Rodgers and Hammerstein, Cinderella to be exact.
And how do I know it's true love and not just infatuation? Well, it could be that she has said "Ma'ia want P'ince" about 12 times in the last hour. Or possibly that she sat rapt through her dinner viewing of the dvd (her first time seeing it) and then not only wanted more "P'ince singing, mama", but "P'ince wi' shoe" and "P'ince dancing". I tried to distract her with a bath, but as soon as it was over, still naked and all drippy hair, she announced, "I go couch ("sh" sound) and see P'ince,now, okay?"
I met her half-way on this one and played Youtube clips instead. She was enthralled, and "waltzed" in my lap with me each time he did. :)
So, Cindy, baby,(aka Lesley Ann Warren) looks like your time as the Prince's main squeeze is over. There's a new chickie in town and she has set her sights on your man. Btw, it didn't get by her that you and Dorothy both got famous b/c of shoes and you had a "pink witch" (again "sh") that came in light bubbles to help you!!
(These "fairy" tales all have common elements, but I had never even given any thought to these until Malía honestly questioned- " shoe? Dorothy shoe, mama?" when she saw the Prince pick up the glass slipper for the first time and called out the fairy God-mother on her "bubbo" and the colour pink! I have grade 10's that can't see those kinds of parallels! Now, if she'd also expressed how both shoe images are vehicles to "transport" these two heroines, well then I'd be freaked!! As it is, maybe I'll have her do a comparative essay, next! LOL)
So, until such time as she meets Captain Von Trapp, or discovers that The Prince is really Alan Quartermaine on GH, we will live with one foot in Oz, and one in, um, hmmm.... Happily Ever After? ;)
4 comments:
Oh my!!!! She is something else! LOL I LOVE the new pic!! CUTE!
Cutest story ... I can completely understand what she sees in him ... I just loved him in GH as Dr. Alan Quartermaine, hubba, hubba. Barb
Malia is obviously a little genius baby. We saw it coming....and I think she's amazing!
Oh that is too cute. I love the new header by the way.
Post a Comment