Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Home" sick??

Malía is not "regular", unless having a BM once every 4 days is normal. This started when we got home from Portugal, when I had started giving her milk. She seemed to get better after I took her off most dairy, again, but then her little system just went back to "holding". This doesn't seem to affect her moods, or bloat her tummy, but I am still concerned and we have an appointment set for December 1st.

Anyway, today she beat her own record and had been without a bm for 5 days.

Mal (coming into the kitchen just before we left this morning): Mama, my tummy hur's me.

Me: You need to poo-poo honey.

Mal: No poo-poo pease. Tummy hur's me. E'iopia.

Me: What? Ethiopia?

Mal: Yes, my tummy hur's E'opia.

Me: (incredulous) Your tummy hurts b/c of Ethiopia?

Mal: Yes.


Never did find out the connection, but my mom says she said it off and on all day.
Then, at about 6:45pm she said it again, sat on the potty and pooped out, not only that country, but pretty much ALL of Africa! I heard nothing more about her tummy after that! :)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

5 days? Really? I got hosed...Ava is a twice-a-dayer. At least!! Ugh!! Glad Malia finally, err, let loose! :)

twondra said...

Wow! You've gotta be a proud mama after that. :) Glad she was able to do it finally. That's gotta really hurt.

B said...

My goodness..I think you should have taken photos or something!! Err..nah..that would be gross. I'm glad her tummy is feeling better..and that she's no longer carrying Ethiopia around in her intestines. : )

Unknown said...

Glad she is feeling better!!!! Poor thing!

Kimmyann said...

Poor thing. Glad her tummy is feeling better.