This morning:
Malia (seeing a pot on the coffee table): Wha'ss dat, mama?
Me: It's rice Malia, for the teachers. We're going to have a special lunch called a pot luck. (it was actually a shrimp tomato based sticky rice)
Mal: I twy it?
Me: (looking at the clock and thinking we need to get moving) You sure you want to try it?
Mal: Yes, p'ease.
(I lift the lid and she takes a little with her fingers and puts it in her mouth)
Mal: 'E'icious!
Mama: Really? Do you want some? (eye on the clock, but this is my baby, and if I have to cut out my coffee stop, I will)
Mal: Yes, p'ease.
(I spoon fed her and she ate about 1/2 a cup of it standing there. Then when she'd finished.)
Mal: Mama, dis is for me? For Ma'ia?
Mama: Yes, honey, for you.
Mal: Oh tank you, Mama. Tank you for rice for me.
*****
sigh.
No coffee. Rushed getting into work, but all WORTH IT!! :)
(and the teachers went crazy for it- not a grain left, so maybe Mal should be a food critic, too!)
5 comments:
Sounds yummy!
Sounds delicious ~ think you should post the recipe! Barb
Sweet girl.
yummy, you must share your recipe
sounds good.
Your daughter is a a cutie!!
Celesre
Yep, I can see why you'd be willing to skip that coffee stop.
Post a Comment