Poundin' the pegs! If nothing else, carpentry work could be in her future.
Just before bedtime, a nice bluesy tune is in order.
My girl is growing by leaps and bounds (just look at those legs), and her capacity for language, which has always been good, is surprising me daily- sometimes not too pleasantly.
Yesterday, after I physically removed her from playing with a photo processor in Wal-Mart (she didn't heed the warnings), she very deliberately crossed her arms, looked me in the eye and stated, "I don't like you anymore."
Um, say what???!
On the plus side, she continues to be very loving, and empathetic 90% of the time and if she is given anything special, has the propensity to want to share with me. " 'Iss for you, Mama, okay?" is heard quite a lot these days. I'll ignore the fact that, sometimes, the offered piece has already been chewed. :)
She's can sing her abc's accurately and recognize a large number of the letters, as well as an identifying characteristic (eg: J is for jumping), her colours have been known forever, she can count to 14, accurately in English, to 10 in Portuguese, and can identify most of those numbers on sight. ALL body parts are known in both languages, all shapes are known (though rectangle is still a bit confusing).
Sentences are usually how she communicates, but she gets into these "baby talk" moments when it's grunts and gestures- this comes up when we're all loving on her and she gets all "cutesy". There is a good possibility that Vo-Vo may have slipped her wine, too. (just kidding!)
Sleep was really good until our NJ trip, and now we're struggling again (like right now- it's 8:30 pm and she is still chattering, and laughing her little buns off, in her bed when she went down close to 7pm).
She can sing, word for word, a number of songs, including "Over the Rainbow". I am going to try to get that one on video.
At least once a day, she comes to me, and says, "Make me baby, Mama", which is a request for me to hold her, as one would a newborn, and rock her. She might stay that way for anywhere from a minute to 10 or 15, if I have sat down with her AND she can see the television. lol
Books remain a her favourite thing. She has tried and true regular reads (all 4 Anna Dewdney books, David Kirk books, Choco etc), but loves when a new book comes into play. Lately, she has been asking for the longer stories like the Judith Viorst "Alexander" books. She also likes to "read" her books, herself.
Watching her interact with The Wiggles, "The Beat Team", "Captain Hup" and the Hi-5 gang is hysterical. She used to just watch and smile, now she does the actions, yells out answers, etc, and woe to me, if I am not right there doing it, too. :)
Hand-eye coordination is awesome. She loves small things that she has to fit into places, and tubes (like lip balm) with tops that slide into place. This is NOT good when she wonders if her toothbrush will go down the drain. In case your wondering- yeah, it will.
She's a dancing machine and damn if she doesn't change rhythms with the different styles. The Beyonce booty shake is too funny.
Doing her hair is a breeze. I might get an "Ow, my hai', mama" once in a while, but for the most part, she'll sit as long as it takes, and NOT try to take any hair pretties, or styles out. Every style is pronounced worthy of a "p'incess".
A nightime diaper (well, a pull-up) is still in use (the day ones have been history since she was 20 months old) and even if she pees right before sleep, will still be soaked just a few hours in. Time enough to battle this in the summer, I think.
She "tests" like any two year old, but anything that could actually be termed a tantrum hasn't happened (should I say that out loud?)
She's basically strong and healthy, but lately, it's been one runny nose, coughing "episode" every couple of weeks. Maybe I am bringing home highschool cooties? As for the every 4 day poops, I have taken to sitting her on the potty after 2, simply stating it's time to go, and after about 30 seconds of tears and protests, voila- business, done! (If she continues to protest, all I have to do is show her a glycerin suppository and offer to help her go. She HATES them, though has only had them twice long ago, and will willingly do her best on her own, after seeing it!)
She is very loving and nurturing of her dolls and stuffies. Little Sista needs to get her little ol' self known and HOME.
There are sooo many more things to say, but basically, she is my bright, funny, silly, amazing baby girl with a charisma capable of charming NJ cops into letting Mama off with only a warning when she was going 18 miles over the speed limit. :)
(PS: It's now 9pm and I just yelled out, "Mal go to SLEEP!" Her reaction- a huge giggle. She has been laughing in there for over 2 hours. Angels, maybe? )

11 comments:
18 miles over the speed limit? that is minor in comparisson to what most NJ drivers do.
Oh, I know that, Kimmyann,there were cars passing me seconds before I got stopped, BUT NJ drivers don't have Ontario plates! :)
She is just so cute. I wish I could give her the biggest hug. :)
Malia sounds like a joy.
I like hearing about your girl. She seems like an amazing one. Despite my many many attemps to teach my almost 4 year old letters and numbers, he is not into it. My neice was all over it too when she was young. Hoping it's a girl thing.
I love the update!!! I just want to give her a big hug!!!
Mal is just one animated and adorable little cutie pie!!! It just makes me smile when I read what coms out of Mal's mouth. hehehe
She is growing up so fast and is adorable!
I used to have something similar to that!
Thanks for sharing her with us!!! I love seeing her grow up!
LOVE the 'brag'. Thanks for sharing your little angels progress. She sounds like an amazing girl!
Sounds like she is doing amazing! My little guy really loved the Leapfrog video called "The Letter Factory". It taught him in a matter of hours all his letters and all the sounds they make. It was rather impressive!
Post a Comment