
As we walked The Beast through the park this morning, Malía was giggling and saying hello to everything from trees, to water, to anyone she saw.
Mama: (looking back over my shoulder) Hey goofy girl, why are you laughing so much?
Mal: Becuss I HAPPY!
Mama: Why are you so happy?
Mal: Becuss I love my Mama!!!
(aw, my heart! :)
Then later after her 2 "timbi's" at Tim Horton's, we stopped at a playground she's never been to, just as she was getting ready to fall asleep in the car.
Mama: Honey, do you want to play a little, or are you too tired?
Mal: (coming fully to life) Oh Mama! Swings!!! Oh Fun! Fun! Fun!
Mama: (reaching in to unbuckle the car seat) Okay, let's go then.
Mal: (throwing her arms around my neck) Oh, thank you, Mama! Thank you fo' swings fo' ME!!
Later, she was begging for McDonald's for supper, so I compromised, got her the fries, but made my own grilled cheese on brown bread and cut up some apples for dessert.
Mal: (on her 3rd or 4th bite of the "g'illed sheese") Thees ees so guut (she says good like a german with a long "u" sound LOL), Mama. So yummy fo' my tummy. (taking another bite) Mmmmmm. Mmmmmm.
Mama: Thank you Malía, I made it just for you.
Mal: Fo' me? Why?
Mama: (looking back over my shoulder) Hey goofy girl, why are you laughing so much?
Mal: Becuss I HAPPY!
Mama: Why are you so happy?
Mal: Becuss I love my Mama!!!
(aw, my heart! :)
Then later after her 2 "timbi's" at Tim Horton's, we stopped at a playground she's never been to, just as she was getting ready to fall asleep in the car.
Mama: Honey, do you want to play a little, or are you too tired?
Mal: (coming fully to life) Oh Mama! Swings!!! Oh Fun! Fun! Fun!
Mama: (reaching in to unbuckle the car seat) Okay, let's go then.
Mal: (throwing her arms around my neck) Oh, thank you, Mama! Thank you fo' swings fo' ME!!
Later, she was begging for McDonald's for supper, so I compromised, got her the fries, but made my own grilled cheese on brown bread and cut up some apples for dessert.
Mal: (on her 3rd or 4th bite of the "g'illed sheese") Thees ees so guut (she says good like a german with a long "u" sound LOL), Mama. So yummy fo' my tummy. (taking another bite) Mmmmmm. Mmmmmm.
Mama: Thank you Malía, I made it just for you.
Mal: Fo' me? Why?
Mama: Because I love you.
Mal: Why?
Mama: Because you're my baby.
Mal: Oh. (pause) Mama?
Mama: Yes, Mala?
Mal: I love you, too, Mama. Hug me p'ease?
(I do)
Mal: You wan' a fwie?
Mama: Sure. Thank you.
Mal: You welcome, mama.
*********
It was a "guut" day!
13 comments:
Awwwwwwwh. I wan a fwie too.
Awww the good days make the bad days pale in comparison don't they.
That's awesome--what great moments.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :-)
What a great picture of Mal! Isn't this age great?? There are so many guut days!!
Barb
Oh my goodness, how adorable!!!!
aw, so what a sweetie pie you have there!
What a sweetheart!!
Awww, aren't those moments the BEST?!
So sweet!!!! And it will be more than double the love when baby sis comes home...:)
hehehehe I love her little coversations with you! Too damn cute! ;o)
beautiful sentiments, have not visited here in a while and would like to take this opportunity to say i love your stories, and if possible could we entertain the idea of meeting one day. only the 401 lies between us, maybe we will come your way but if you come to cornwall for any reason pls do make contact, sk
awwwwwwe! What a lovely day!!! These days are what make the bad days bear-able.
I just melt when I get a spontaneous "Ewedshalow", hug or a kiss!
Post a Comment