Tuesday, February 3, 2009

After Dinner Play

Malia with her Play-doh and Mama with Mal's hair :)

This is super simple, super easy to do, super cute, I think and "sleeps" wonderfully. I can usually leave it in 3 days without touch-ups. Tonight, I just took out the elastics, spritzed her hair, combed it out (no issues with tangles at all b/c the twists keep it smooth), added a little Curly Q milkshake and restyled it. From start to finish less than 10 minutes. She had this in on Sunday, but with multiple, short ribbons in the top pony-tails, and looked both dressy and adorable.








9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oooooo....I can hardly wait until Ava's hair is long enough to do that!
BTW....I just used igoranus for the first time....it was GREAT! :)

Rebecca said...

I meant ignoranus!!!!

Sebrina Wilson said...

So cute!!

Mama Papaya said...

Lovely locks! Great work Mama.

Anonymous said...

I love it. So cute! And easy is always great.

Anonymous said...

Nice work! How is Mal for you when you are doing her hair?

Mamato2 said...

Nancy, just to answer your question- Malía doesn't mind the hair sessions at all. I usually give her something to do, eat, or watch :) She lets me do whatever. If I tyug a little, she tells me it hurts, but doesn't try to make me stop. With the african hair brush/comb and new products, we've virtually eliminated any ouchy issues, anyway! She is not crazy about the hair washing, though. She hATES when the water gets in her eyes.

Barb said...

Love this hair style. So sweet!

Tarah said...

Great job. :) For fun, try taking two of the twists, twist them individually counterclockwise, and then twist those clockwise. Put a band on the end. the twists in a style like this would last a week or so. :)
I like the play doh idea. I put T in my lap and my back really hurts by the end.

How is the weight going?