
I was tagged quite a while back (tonight is my night to catch up on these things) by Kate (thank you for thinking my blog is worth the nod :).
The rules for this are 1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.”
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
So, okay- 7 blogs (and ladies you don't have to do this, I just want you to know I think your blogs, and you, are great!):
http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/ Her work in Uganda, her faith- wow.
http://giftofyoutwo.wordpress.com/ I love all the photos of Carrie's 2 beauties and her humour.
http://rejotoblog.blogspot.com/ Rebecca's good people with a super cute missy.
http://beautiful-child.blogspot.com/ Nancy's honesty is inspiring.
http://louiseandolivia.blogspot.com/ Louise doesn't post often, but when she does it is usually thought provoking and worth the read.
http://hawu.wordpress.com/ Diane is a little nuts in the very best way!
http://giftofyoutwo.wordpress.com/ I love all the photos of Carrie's 2 beauties and her humour.
http://rejotoblog.blogspot.com/ Rebecca's good people with a super cute missy.
http://beautiful-child.blogspot.com/ Nancy's honesty is inspiring.
http://louiseandolivia.blogspot.com/ Louise doesn't post often, but when she does it is usually thought provoking and worth the read.
http://hawu.wordpress.com/ Diane is a little nuts in the very best way!
http://johnson-mccormickfamily.blogspot.com/ Haiti remains close to my heart. I have watched K & O grow up and it feels like I know them.
***I would put more on this list, but so many of the blogs I read and enjoy are private***
Now, honest stuff about me:
1. I read way too many blogs. I have to stop, but I don't know which ones to cut out/cut back on. Many have come to be email/phone friends, too.
2. I cannot stand to see anything on its own. I will even move inanimate objects to be with "others" so they are included.
3. I am very seriously considering lap band surgery. There, I said it.
4. Hard candy, lollipops etc can sit in full view forever and I will not even give them a second look, but a bowl of M&M's, chips or ice cream is never safe with me.
5. I love it when people just assume that Malía is biologically mine. It makes our fit seem even more perfect. (I hope that came out right b/c I never, ever deny she's adopted)
6. I leave A LOT out of my blog. I wish I didn't, but unfortunately you never know who is reading, and with what agenda. You never know if they will forward your thoughts with their own interp thrown in... it makes me sad b/c there is a lot on my heart. I won't stop my blog, though sometimes I really want to, b/c ultimately it is a chronicle for Mal.
7. I am full into an extra-curricular activity until May 28th, starting this Monday. I took it on for the kids. I am so, so, so regretting my decision b/c of the stress factor and time it takes, but am too far invested to too many to back out now. (and the proceeds will go to Ethiopia...)
8. I am a very hairless portuguese. I do not need to shave my legs (except for some stray, weak hairs around the knee area- how weird is that?) and people actually think I shave my arms b/c they have nada at all. I do wish this applied to my lip fuzz and my 5 chin hairs, one of which is WHITE!!
9. I hate shopping for shoes. My feet are short and wide and they got wider after 9 1/2 weeks of flip flops over rough terrain and carrying Mal in a sling in Ethiopia. I can no longer wear ANY of my pre-Ethio heels and my feet hurt much of the time in any footwear. I am technically a size 8w, but have size 9, 91/2 and 10 (gasp!) shoes that look like clown shoes on me b/c the widths just aren't there.Sigh.
10. I resisted doing this meme. Started it 2x, deleted it 2x. Tried doing it from Mal's point of view and figured that wasn't fair. :)
2. I cannot stand to see anything on its own. I will even move inanimate objects to be with "others" so they are included.
3. I am very seriously considering lap band surgery. There, I said it.
4. Hard candy, lollipops etc can sit in full view forever and I will not even give them a second look, but a bowl of M&M's, chips or ice cream is never safe with me.
5. I love it when people just assume that Malía is biologically mine. It makes our fit seem even more perfect. (I hope that came out right b/c I never, ever deny she's adopted)
6. I leave A LOT out of my blog. I wish I didn't, but unfortunately you never know who is reading, and with what agenda. You never know if they will forward your thoughts with their own interp thrown in... it makes me sad b/c there is a lot on my heart. I won't stop my blog, though sometimes I really want to, b/c ultimately it is a chronicle for Mal.
7. I am full into an extra-curricular activity until May 28th, starting this Monday. I took it on for the kids. I am so, so, so regretting my decision b/c of the stress factor and time it takes, but am too far invested to too many to back out now. (and the proceeds will go to Ethiopia...)
8. I am a very hairless portuguese. I do not need to shave my legs (except for some stray, weak hairs around the knee area- how weird is that?) and people actually think I shave my arms b/c they have nada at all. I do wish this applied to my lip fuzz and my 5 chin hairs, one of which is WHITE!!
9. I hate shopping for shoes. My feet are short and wide and they got wider after 9 1/2 weeks of flip flops over rough terrain and carrying Mal in a sling in Ethiopia. I can no longer wear ANY of my pre-Ethio heels and my feet hurt much of the time in any footwear. I am technically a size 8w, but have size 9, 91/2 and 10 (gasp!) shoes that look like clown shoes on me b/c the widths just aren't there.Sigh.
10. I resisted doing this meme. Started it 2x, deleted it 2x. Tried doing it from Mal's point of view and figured that wasn't fair. :)
11. I am sooo unsavvy when it comes to using blogger. I deleted my counter by mistake and had to restart one and no matter what I do, can't get the flippin' background colour to change on my blog, although I am following instructions to a "t". And in related news, I check my country counter all the time waiting for the first time I get a reader from Portugal. :)
12. I am a true teacher. I pray for snow/fog/ice days more than the kids :)
4 comments:
Well now. Why couldn't you have tagged me with the 4th folder one? That would be waaaay easier! Ha!!
I just looked over at Dave and screamed..."she does that too!!" He's looking at me like I'm insane (which, I admit is a little true) So, I go on to tell him that I HAVE to have things by each other (not alone)....perfect point...we just hung up a teddy bear holder in Aves room....there is not one teddy bear that is on its own...they're all in twos! How funny is that!
Now, about the hair...that's not fair. I have to shave my legs EVERY stinkin' day!
Lap band...really? I think you look great. Honest.
Very interesting! Thanks for doing it!!
I'll have to ponder this one for a bit before I do mine.
HOWEVER, should I start worrying that the words "nuts" and "crazy" frequently appear in other people's descriptions of my blog?
PS - Usually I read your blog entries through a bloglines. When I came to read it here today, I watched your Ellen video. I'm pretty sure I peed myself a little. My snorting and guffawing did make the hubby run over and watch too.
My new favorite catch phrase: "I love Jesus but I drink a little."
:) Do they really close school for fog??
Post a Comment