Friday, February 13, 2009

Bakin' With My Babe

Malía has been sick (a resurgence of the crazy cold she JUST got over) and after being run down myself, I took a sick day (on dr's orders) to care for both of us. Monday is a holiday, here- Family Day, so it makes for a nice, restful weekend.

After the usual entertainments (that included Miss Bubbly Nose refusing her nap, and choosing to conduct alien medical probes on parts of my face, instead), AND a hair trim to cut away her crispy looking ends, we decided to try our hand at baking.

I had seen a 2 ingredient recipe on Lucy's Mama's blog and thought, now there's something Mala can do by herself (with me right there of course), and she did!!

Btw, Stacy, you said the batter was awful, but we both liked it- either we are ultra strange, or 14oz of pumpkin makes batter batter than your 16 :)

Chocolate Muffins:
1 box of Devils Food cake mix unprepared
1 can of pure pumpkin (not the pumpkin filling)
Mix 2 ingredients until moist; batter will be thick and may be tempting to add something to it, but don't
Put in muffin pan (makes 12) and cook for approximately 20 mins at 400 degrees


Now worries, my oven has an "ultra cool" door feature and she is FORBIDDEN to open it, or be near if I am not right there.

She ate EVERY last bit!
They look funkalicious, but taste oh so delicious! (and think of the fibre count! That absolutely cancels out all cocoa calories, right? LOL)
.

9 comments:

onemorebaby said...

Wow! I think we might have to try those this weekend!

onemorebaby said...

(funny girl! your comment on my blog made me laugh out loud! we were just born to be friends!)

Aimee said...

Yummy! What a cute beautiful bakin' babe ya got there! :-)

Kimmyann said...

Looks like fun! Hope Malia is better soon.

Stacy said...

glad you like them, and it is nice to have a recipe that the girls can manage on their own (with no salmonella worries).

Louise said...

Yummmy

Hey Gina and I are in cahoots to get an Ethio adopt cruise together for Winter/Spring 2010. Carnival has some great prices for that time of year <500/pp. Great deals...I think what we will do is just say this is the cruise we are taking and invite everyone to come along. Will try to get some more info down over the summer.
Louise

Sebrina Wilson said...

aw cute pics!!

Rebecca said...

Ummmm....they look kinda icky. Sorry. I just realized that I even have my nose scrunched up as I'm typing! LOL!!
Hey, I think that you should definitely take a crowbar to that woman who said you should be having grandkids. What a beyotch! And a stupid one to boot! Oh....wait....I have it...she's an IGNORANUS!!! I still love that word! :)

Unknown said...

so cute and sounds so yummy!