I am sure we all have heard variations of this poem/quote:
In Germany, they first came for the Communists,
and I did not speak up because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews
and I did not speak up because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak up because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics and I did not speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak..."
Rev. Martin Niemoller
And, there is another quote that I love and truly try to live by:
"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."
Dante
So, I will SPEAK, and I will not remain neutral:
"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.
11 comments:
Thank you for posting this!
Great video! I added it to my blog, too!
What a great video! Thanks for sharing!
Terrific....I so agree about the SPEAK. If more of us opened our mouths and took a stand imagine where we would be. Great post!
Amen!!!
I love this- both the quotes and that amazing video. It's such an important issue. Thanks for passing the message on!
This is an issue that means a lot to me. Thanks for the great post.
Awesome! Thanks for posting!
Thank you for posting this, and for always speaking up.
Amazing!! The families impacted by Ken Starr....its overwhelming. Best said with "everyone should be this lucky"
This world needs more family values...and these families truly value one another and the santity of marriage.
Fight the good fight!!
Thanks for sharing!
Great video and post!
Post a Comment